Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Green smoothie fast/feast

I am considering doing a green smoothie fast for a few days, is there anyone out there wanting to join with me? It would be nice to have some company and support!

Comments

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

I’m just finishing my MC and was gonna follow it up with a green smoothie fast! I’m thinking of starting it on Wed. I’m excited!

• :) How did the MC go? I would love to try it but I’m a little scared! lol. Pathetic I know ;) I am looking forward to trying a green smoothie fast though, I love making smoothies and think it would be a great way to detox/ work my way further into raw foods.

• Hi Evildarkvirus,
    Over the weekend I read Green For Life by Victoria Boutenko and decided to start a green smoothie fast as of this morning. I just finished my third one for the day. I

• I have read that book recently too :) It is inspiring isn’t it? I will be starting mine tomorrow. Hope yours goes well!

• i am with you but am doing a smoothie feast instead of a fast as i wanna do it over along time,

• Sounds good to me :)

The MC went pretty good. My head just wasn’t with it this time though. It’s been much easier in the past. I wanted to go longer but my mind is being a pain in the butt so I’m gonna do the green smoothies, maybe give it another go in a month or so! I accomplished what I was supposed to though, I broke the horrible cycle I was in (left over from the holidays). So I’m definitely happy to be back on track, just wished I felt like going longer!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I do have green smoothies a couple of times a day already. How many should you have in a day on this fast? Do you just replace your usual meals and snacks?

I have done a fresh juice fast before for about 4 days. Man I felt great!!! With that one I was drinking home made juice about every 2 hours. Lots of green juices.

I think I will join you guys!

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

When are you starting???

• I have started this morning with my smoothies :) would be great to have other people’s comments at the same time and to see how they are doing. I am hoping to kick start my weight loss and nutrient levels! I think I am going to have mental blocks and give in to cravings, I need someone to kick me in the bum and tell me not to! Lol.

Umm, is anyone going to answer my question about how you go about doing this? I have started this morning, and I will be replacing all meals and snackes with green smoothies. hope that’s proper!

• I am replacing meals with mine, stuffing them full of nutritional goodies :D

Well I ended up starting mine this evening! I’m feeling a little crabby LOL! Got done with my MC and all I want to do is CHEW… Oh well, I’ll stick it out for a few days! So what kind of green smoothies are you making??

• what do you do for lunch time? i’ve been thinking of starting one myself but i work from 9 to 5 and there is no place offering real smoothies around! i think i’m going to do it for breakfast and supper for a week. i’ll stick with a big salad of greens on lunch time :/

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

On average, how many green smoothies would you consume per day??

• i have them evrytime i feel hungry ,sometimes its only three or five or more glasses a day it depends(i am having a GSfeastNOT A FAST ) but i have them when i am hungry its my second day , i had some raw fruit biteS but i am glad that i havent had cooked food, i felt very badlastNIGHT i think it was the change of diet to completely raw ,i feel better today and honestly i feel like am already lossing weight PLEASE JOIN US!I will do this until am UK size 6 am 12 at the moment,all the best to all of ya, i love you!!!!

• Day 2 for me. I make a batch of smoothie and drink it slowly every so often until it’s gone. It’s been 2 batches a day so far. I’m mixing various greens with fruit in my smoothies as I’m not a big ‘green taste’ fan – but the nutrients are there just with some fruit to cover the flavour. I went out and got a huge bag of frozen fruits today and chucked them into the blender with greens :) easy!

Smoothies can keep for a while, is there anywhere you can keep pre-made smoothies cool at your work yramess? That’s what I would suggest :) But salads sound good for lunch too!

• well we do have a small kitchen with a fridge!
    i just read that smoothies are like juice, they should be drank
    right away? or it’s not so bad? if not, then i will be starting mine
    very soon. :) i’m very excited about this!

• The best way is to have them fresh, but if it is not possible to make them at work I think putting them somewhere cool would be ok for a few hours! I am sure lots of people have different ideas, but I make a big batch in the morning and sip it slowly throughout the morning without and bad effects :) give it a go and see!

• i will! thanks.
    enjoy your feast!

Well it’s day two for me now. Yesterday the cold my freind so generously shared with me was in the ‘feeling like I was hit by two Mac trucks’ stage! So by the time I got home from work I felt so awful, I snagged a couple of raw date squares I had made the day before! Ooops. Oh well today will be better! I don’t feel quite so awful.

It’s interesting to see the role food can sometimes play. I needed comfort, I turned to sweets. At least they were raw and not a Cadbury bar!

Does any one have any food based miracle cures for a cold? ;)

Luna blu – for colds I do a combo of lemon, honey, garlic, ginger, parsley, and basil blended all together with water. Sometimes it can be hard to get down, but it sure does kill whatever is brewing!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie
    Luna blu~ Sorry to hear you have a cold. Feel better soon. Some of the “rituals” that I do when I have a cold (rare) are:
    • lots of Throat Coat Herbal tea by Traditional Medicinals, it has a hint of sweet so I don’t add additional sweetening.
    • I eat a grapefruit, section by section, just before going to bed. I peel the grapefruit then split the grapefruit in half. Then I open one section at a time and eat the meat. I’m not so hot on the membrane part. At the end, all that is left is the connected membranes. Crazy, I know…

To your wellness…

• No-one can blame you for sneaking something non-smoothie if you are feeling bad. For a cold I would suggest mega dosing of vitamin C so lots of peppers, broccoli, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, oranges and kiwi fruit which are high in Vitamin C. Only do this ‘mega dosing’ until you feel better as too much vitamin c can be bad (typical!).

Coconutty’s suggested mix would be very good, garlic and ginger have antibacterial actions, lemon will boost the acidity of your stomach ensuring you are absorbing enough nutrients and honey will soothe any sore throats as well as sweeten the mixture :)

I hope you feel better soon!!

Thankyou guys.
    Blue dolfin, that’s how i always eat my grapefruit, much sweeter that way I find.

• Day 3 for me. I am having my first green smoothie this morning. Bunch of frozen berries with spinach and a touch of agave. It is yum. How is everyone else doing?

I have been feeling much better! Did really well yesterday and when I got on the scale this morning, i was down another 2 pounds! I think it’s the smoothies. So I guess I will be on this for another couple days!

I found the addition of raw maca powder helped satisfy me more. I also had what I call my salad in a glass for lunch yesterday, which included half an avocado, two handfulls spinach, handfull cherry tomatoes, 2” of cucumber, celery, garlic, chili pepper, (to taste) tablespoon of spirulina and a dash of Braggs! I actually really like this, but it took getting used to! It’s more of a lunchee tasting smoothie, and man is it GREEN! If anyone tries this, let me know what you think! I am fully expecting to be labled ‘mental’!!

• Glad to hear you are feeling better and getting on with those smoothies. I had another for breakfast today although I admit to having a salad for my lunch! (hides) I am considering getting my hands on some maca, is it really worth getting it? I have spirulina which I add to my smoothies but I am open to adding more nutritional boosting elements :)

Well here goes another day! I was bad yesterday and snuck in some dates in between a smoothie… I just needed to chew something! And yes they hit the spot, I feel better now!

Evildarkvirus, I like the maca, it has an interesting taste and maybe it’s all in my head, but I find it gives me alot of energy! I do things like bee polen too. I grind it in a coffee grinder to a powder. Bee pollen is a complete food. Aparently you can live solely on it. Not that I would want to! :)