Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Safe & natural home cleaners

CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I just wanted to share this demo I copied from Mercola.com about safe and natural home cleaners.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/arch…

Happy cleaning!

Comments

• Thank you for posting! It is really helpful!!

• thanks a lot .

• does anyone use natural cleaners? I just signed up with Melaleuca, but am wondering if this is the best option. They use Tea Tree in everything and do not disclose their full ingredient list. What do you guys use to clean your home?

• I think if a company doesn’t disclose the ingredients of their products, it is not the best sign….
    I use Sonett washing up liquid and I love it! For my clothes I use washing soda or washing soap and natural fabric softener or essential oils diluted in water.
    For everything else I use vinegar or baking soda!

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

I use baking soda and lemons to clean with.

When I mop my floors I use lemon juice and hot hot water.

I use soap nuts in my laundry.

• Thank you so much, it was very helpful. I always use vinager, and baking soda for cleaning my tub and kitchen sink, but now I llearn new ways to use it. Also found very interesting the info about vodka. Thak you

• I have been using baking soda for years now and have also added vinegarand water to clean my wood floors.
    I use the bulk laundry det.at my local organic grocer and love organic,clean dish soaps.
    We only use Dr.bronners for bathing bars as well as liquid.
    \Anyone using bronners for household cleaning as well as something I have not thought of?,thanks.

• When I mop the floors, I usually use white vinegar and water. I always clean kitchen counters with a spray bottle of straight vinegar or a mix of 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water (anti-bacterial). I put some vinegar in the bottom of the dishwasher. I still use dish powder in it to wash the dishes, but the vinegar will mix with the water and be sprayed on the dishes, hopefully killing any bad bacteria.

For personal hygeine, I’ve replaced shampoo, conditioner and soap with baking soda and apple cider vinegar.

Considering using baking soda and vinegar in place of other cleaners for sinks and tub. Considering using borax or baking soda and vinegar in the laundry instead of supermarket laundry liquid.