Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The most gross raw food you've ever eaten?????

Ok, this is a really dumb question, but what is it? lol

Comments

• my first attempt at a green smoothie.

it was the most vile thing EVER. It made me think that i didn’t like greens and had to choke them down.

Boy was I wrong lol

• I tried this packaged food once that said it was a raw brownie. It didn’t taste ANYTHING like a brownie and taught me to be careful about buying pre-packaged raw foods—at least with expectations:)

• Nutmilk that had some bad nuts in it. It tasted like compost. Since then I can’t even bear the taste of good nut milk.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Raw cacao beans without adding a sweetener.

• Buckwheat milk. Worst attempt at milk EVER. Then I only made it worse by trying to make “chocolate milk” =P

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

Mine was a green smoothie too.. I Just added greens and water and you know what happened. lol

• Raw, unsalted, unfermented (I think) dried olives. They were SO oily, and rancid-tasting!!!

• ha. i was on a juice fast this past fall and tried to make a green juice that was supposed to taste like pizza. first of all, pizza-juice should have been a red flag, but in my desire for substantive food it sounded like a life saver.
    and um…it was not. it was a deal breaker if anything. truly, truly gross and MAN! what dashed expectations.

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

A juiced yam….even with other veg it was nasty

• either my green smoothie with kale (my blender is not up to blending kale) or my attempt at “macaroni and cheese” which involved yams and cashew cheese. nasty.

• hummus that tasted like paste.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

ever since making an absolutely horrendous attempt at raw borscht, i cannot even stand the sight of a beet.

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

I do not know what you are talking about…I have juiced sweet potatoes a number of times and although a little starchy, it added good flavor to the juice. It just needs to be like 1 medium-large sweet potatoes, a few carrots, some greens and maybe an apple. Tastes great, if done right.

Well, I made a carrot soup one that called for almonds which I used Brazil nuts. It was pretty bad though I ate SOME of it. I did not follow the recipe completely either. Maybe that was partially why it tasted bad. I think that it is just that we need to get good at cooking this new way and get our own experience in it. It would be just as bad probably if say a 8 year old went to cook a lot of SAD meals without cookbooks. They would have no idea. That is how it is with beginner raw people.

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

CLearly I did something wrong…very wrong

AWE MAC AND CHEESE. Give me the recipe someone…of one that tastes good. Not that one that mandelicious is talking about. Is there such a think as raw mac and cheese?

• I have made raw mac and cheese with yellow squash cut up in little bites and topped with the rich cheddar sauce from this site. It was really good. I warmed it up on the dashboard of my car to have for lunch at work one day.

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

sprouted black beans, no amount of spices or garlic could make them taste good. also raw tabouli, made with spouted quinoa, i couldn’t get that to be edible.

• heather,
    I’m pretty sure that yams aren’t really supposed to be eaten raw, but you can eat sweet potatoes raw.
    the most disgusting thing i’ve ever had was brownie dough that had been in the fridge and the lid came off, it tasted like everything in the fridge!!!!

• Well, I am sad to say that my garbage can has eaten just about as much raw food as I have…. I might be exaggerating a little…. but I have made some really gross stuff. I wanted to make a carrot soup once… and made up a recipe.. I don’t remember what I put in it but avocados, carrot juice…. I don’t remember but yuck! Many a raw attempt at bread has ended up in the garbage… I have even managed to make some gross cookies. Ah well…. live and learn..

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

This is a great question! Unfortunately, I have to say… it was something I made. It was a dehydrated bread. I can’t remember what it was… but I thew it out.

And, I’m with Tiger Lily on the raw olives. I love greek olives, but whatever I had was not good.

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

i tried to make someones recipe to replace refried beans with ground sunflowerseeds and spices , and BLECK X 1,000,000 !!!!!!!

still kinda gag on sunny seeds since that recipe disaster .

i also recently tried a raw brocoli soup recipe with avacado and all kinds of stuff and again BLECK !!!!!!!!

is bleck a word ;-)

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

aah yes, sprouted quinoa. for some reason, i CANNOT handle the taste of the stuff…i once tried to make a tabouli…lets just say that didn’t work out.

• When I started drinking smoothies,which I never had a problem with ,they to me tasted great .So I then decided to make soup,first soup ever was a HUGE disaster.It was a thick mass of unwhirled greens,just thinking about it makes me sick. Since then I have not attemted any soup.

• it had to be this smoothie i made of papaya, macadamia nuts, flax meal, and something else i think ginger. Ugh it tasted like vommit i think the papaya may have been bad or something!

• Durian

• Omg, I’ve never seen so many replies in just a few hours! Wow! Ok, I have to say the most gross raw food I’ve ever eaten was a cashew cream that I dehydrated, trying to make cookies.
    I ground up some soaked cashews, a little water, cocoa powder, and agave. I dehydrated them and boy were they killers. Totally spoiled. When I tasted it (it never dried anyway) I had to put my head over the sink, but I didn’t end up vomiting. But I almost did. lol Live and learn

I ordered some raw kalamata olives from rawguru.com. Should I not have done that? Do they taste good?
    Next, youryogi, why don’t you like Durian? I’ve never tried it, but it’s supposed to be some heavenly tropical expensive fruit shrugs
    well I liked all of your replies!

• for those of you who had bad tabouli, try the sunflower tabouli from this site with sprouted sunflower seeds and parsley. It was really good and you can adjust the seasonings easily to however you like it flavored. Luckily I havn’t made something totally wack. I’ve thrown sway some walnut taco stuff that I didn’t like, then tried to turn it into Refried Love and that didn’t work too well either. Maybe I did something wrong – it was semi – edible but I ended up throwing it out after trying 3 times to eat it different ways.

• I botched some soup too! I tried a mushroom miso soup that had too much water, so I blended in some greens to soak a little up, but it didn’t help. So I added cauliflower.

Dirt. Grody funk nasty mud sludge dirt.

• OH yeah! when I first started going strong on raw I tried to make a seed pate. I didn’t have a recipe, I just thought I’d throw a little of this and a little of that in the processor. Major YUK!!! It was so gross that it rolled back off of my tongue and soon as it touched it. Then I found this site and Candace’s spicy taco meat saved my life.