Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Good for Skin

I think it would be great to have a forum just about different foods and what they are good for. There are so many foods out there that I know must be good, but don’t know specifically why. Anywhoo, what is good for skin? I have heard aloe and celery. What else do you guys do eat to have great skin, particularly facial skin? Holla back!

Comments

• Cucumber contains silica which is very good for skin. Cucumber skin is excellent (make sure it’s organic!)

• flaxseed and flaxoil contains omega3 fatty acid, which makes your skin smooth and releive dryness. I eat it every day and sometimes add dround flax to my facial masks!

• raw food is good for your skin! but turmeric, papaya, olives and nettles are all very good for skin! turmeric & nettles because they’re blood cleansers, papaya because of the enzymes, olives for the omega 9’s. and as zer0 said, silica foods and sulfur foods are also very good for the skin.

• Two of my favorites: beets and strawberries. Beets are blood purifiers. They are delicious when juiced and combined with apples and celery. Also, strawberries are high in antioxidants which work against those free radicals that cause aging.

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

Grapefruit eaten regularly is great for the skin!! I think the enzymes and vitamin C play a role in this.

• Pineapple is good as well, because of the enzymes.

• Thanks ladies for the input! I am making my shopping list right now! I had no idea about some of these things like beets and olives, which is great because I love them all!

• DexterDexter Raw Newbie

Berries. Esp. blueberries. High in antioxidants.

• Burdock root is cleansing to the whole system and seems to be good. When I eat alot of fresh grated burdock it helps.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

MSM is meant to be great for skin and joints, I throw the powder in my smoothies – it’s in the supplement section or you can buy it online.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Get as many foods that are high in antioxidants as you can! (blueberries, gogi berries, dark greens) I get such a glow on when I do lots of green smoothies! Make sure to get enough healthly fats to combat dryness from the inside out! :)

I think being raw and eating a wide variety of foods is the best thing you can do!