Where to buy Durian?

rawclairerawclaire Raw Newbie

Anybody kknow where to buy this? (other than genefitnutrition.com, it’s really expensive there) Thanks

Comments

• durian season is coming! hold out!

or, you can buy frozen durian at an asian market.

• rawclairerawclaire Raw Newbie

Cool!

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

do they really smell that bad???

• rawclairerawclaire Raw Newbie

you mean durian? I don’t know. I’ve never tried it but I want to. At a local Vietnamese restaurant called Pho Dat Than, they serve raw frozen durian for dessert, I think I’ll get a few of those to go some time.

• Asian Markets have the fresh Durian when in season and as mandelicios said, frozen year round. I don’t think they smell bad but they are smelly…don’t ever bring Durian to work…I did that and the fire department was called because they thought it was a gas leak…needless to say I never revealed that it was my Durian pulp. oops!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

They reek! And they taste the way they reek!

forrestlyone, That is a very funny story!!!

I wish I liked the stuff. I hear it has pshychotropic properties like cacoa beans!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I find the smell of durian a bit overwhelming, but recently tried a chocolaty durian pudding made by a raw chef. Wow! It was really quite amazing.

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

Hmmm….chocolate to durian..??? Since I love both why have I never thought to put the two together. Dang I need to leave my box more often. I’m going to get some Durian this weekend. Thanks again Kandace!