Self conscience

I am a college student living in an apartment with 3 other girls. I often get self conscience when I am preparing my raw dishes and I feel like a huge annoyance when blending, juicing, or chopping since the equipment is so loud. I love being raw and I love experimenting in the kitchen but at the same time I feel like I have to hide what I am doing/eating. I can feel their stares and their judgments. Does anyone else have a similiar problem?

Comments

• Have you shared any of your delicious raw dishes with your roommates? Maybe if they experience for themselves how good it is, they won’t be as critical. Good luck and stick with it! Later in life you will learn that other people’s opinions matter much less than you once thought they did… (wow, that really makes me sound old!)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

renoir- ha ha. me too!

lovetobenatural- i used to feel the same way. people stare at things they don’t recognize. i’m sure it’s not a personal judgement. for me, it was the fact that i was still learning and experimenting that made it difficult to do it in public. maybe getting your friends involved in helping you chop and such will make it feel like a more inclusive activity.

also, be virtuosic! dimming your light and insights to make others feel more comfortable doesn’t help them… it’s when we accept our own virtuosity that we can INSPIRE others to be THEIR greatest. (i like to throw in a little new age flair.)