Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

greasy brownies?

omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

Ive made these brownies a bunch of times and the last two times they have come out sooooo greasy! i cant serve them or even eat them myself! could it be my cocoa beans are old, i keep them inthe fridge… i thought it was the walnuts but i bought fresh ones for this batch ugh! i ground up some coconut flakes to disguise them but help please…...

Comments

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I gotta admit I like that they are a little greasy tasting, tastes so sinful!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

i wonder why mine just got that way? guh how gross! any way im gonna order different cocoa beans and or already ground powder from alisa cohen and see if it makes a diff. ou guys relaly never made them when they where not greasy? mine where so chewy and good , no grease….wierd!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

when i made the brownies i used almonds AND walnuts. you could use a little flax meal maybe too to sop up the grease.

• i find that cutting the walnuts with almonds helps because the almonds are not as greasy. also, adding a little ground flax absorbs liquid.

• hahaha….very funny! at least someone thinks like me!

• It’s possible that you overprocessed them. Nuts release a LOT of oil when you process them for too long.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

i figured it out actually…the secret? less nuts ground first then blended! hmmmmm guess i should pay more attention to my processes!

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

you could also soak the nuts for a bit.

V