I'm feeling rather strange.

I have been feeling a bit weird recently, I posted about loss of appetite before and I am still feeling.. strange about food. I will make something and then not be able to eat it. I’m hungry but don’t know what to eat and if I will even eat it once it is made. I make smoothies and take a few sips then give up.

I’ve never experienced this before and I don’t know if it is detox or something not right. It is my first day off work for this week so maybe it has something to do with being tired or lacking in something to do.. but I just feel wrong! I could probably just drink water all day and nothing else. Maybe I should just use it as an excuse to go on a cleanse!

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Its normal to go through this on raw. I have phases of not wanting to eat anything for a few days at a time, sometimes accompanied by nausea (which is a sign that my liver is cleansing).
    I usually listen to my body and just have juice and fast. I think it is my body telling me it needs to fast and get to work cleaning something. After a few days my appetite comes back.
    It used to feel weird, and not eating freaked me out at first, but now I’m so used to trusting my body and going along with what it wants, it doesn’t bother me at all.
    I would never force myself to eat when I’m like this. I used to and it always made me throw up!!

• Hey Zoe. Thanks for your words of advice. I am just totally thrown by not really wanting to eat. I feel hungry but there is just.. nothing I want to eat! You are probably right about just doing what my body wants; I just can’t get over the not wanting to eat thing! Maybe I’ll end up on a cleanse and seeing if I end up wanting food sometime!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I have been experiencing the same thing, and Zoe, I have started listening to my body, too, though I have still been in the semi-freaked-out stage. Thank you for your input! I started eating only when I am hungry. Some days that is a lot & other days almost nothing all day. My blood sugar has been high for months, and although it has been slowly getting better the last couple of months, the first time it was normal was the morning after a day when I just listened to my body and ate very little all day. It wasn’t because of not eating, either – I still ate carbohydrates throughout that day! I was so happy, and it gave me encouragement to continue listening to my body.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

The last time it happened to me, all I ate for days were cucumbers, and cucumber and celery juice which tasted like a gourmet 3 course meal for some odd reason…
    Hang in there, I’ll be thinking of you ;)

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I also have started using green juice when I feel hungry but not wanting to eat anything I have. I use kale, celery, cucumber, lime, ginger and sometimes parsley or cilantro. Or sometimes just lots of water, or nothing. I guess I am grateful my body is cleansing.

• I am glad it’s not just me! It’s just so odd to not want to eat. I have been losing weight and trying not to eat much for a long time now and have always wanted food and now.. not so much.. it’s.. weird! Freaky! lol. Not even green smoothies do it for me. Lol. I’ll just have to wait it out and eat small nibbles when I get an appetite.