Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Howdy and Yeehaw!

Hello everyone! I never know what to say in these kinda things. BUT, what basically brought me here is the obsessive research I’ve been doing on Veganism. I am a nursing student in my second year of clinicals and the patients I’ve been seeing in the hospital really made something in me snap. (So many people are not active in their health care, they just rely on doctors to prescribe the latest “it” drug to hide their symptoms or atleast quiet them down for a bit.) They don’t realize how huge nutrition is. I feel discouraged and disgusted and it has made me look at myself and my habits. I’ve always thought I’ve eatin well, you know, lean meats, whole grains, salads…ice cream. ;-) but I don’t feel well. I’ve watched so many people around me get sick, become morbidly obese, or just depressed and listless. I think I’m on that same track and I want it to end. I told my friends and family that I was going to cut out all animal products from my diet for a month to see how I would feel…they weren’t happy, but it’s been 3 weeks and I have no desire for my old eating habits. I haven’t gone raw yet but I am heading in that direction. I have no idea what I’m doing, I don’t know any raw vegans to guide me or help so that’s why I’m here. You all get to be my therapy group. Ha Ha. I live outside Philly so if anyone knows of any organic farms around here let me know. I also want to go visit some raw restuarants in Philly and NYC..all info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much, I look foward to gettin to know you all. Ricki

Comments

• Hello,

I can really relate to your story. I’m a nurse and I’m working towards being a 100% raw vegan. These are two very interesting parts of my life that have come together. It has been difficult at times seeing all of these people not taking much responsibility for their own health. I really have to remember that we are all on our own path for a reason. I also believe that there are more natural health conscious individuals entering the healthcare field to somehow initiate a change. There will be people who will gravitate to you and who will turn their health around with just some guidance ( it has happened to me many times ). Good luck with your studies, I think this world could use more raw vegan nurses ( and MD’s too ).

Spirit

• hello and welcome! I know isn’t it strange that some people can’t make the connection that what goes in your body, affects your body?! If you are looking for more info another great sites among many is http://www.living-foods.com/index.shtml . I keep a journal here (go to bulletin to see the forum) and you’ll find a lot of support from others in the same situation as you. Well I’m happy to hear you are making decisions that make ya happy!

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Hi Ricki and welcome too. I’m a raw since January,and before that I was a vegetarian for 8 years.I stop eating meat because I never did well with meat.Also,my big passion was coffee and that I had to stop. When my husband told me that I was literally having headaches and liver problems because of the coffe I couldn’t accepted that. Took me a year to accept and start to open my mind.After the coffe everything start to be so easy.I went vegetarian very fast,and than I started to listen to my body . I was trying to be raw for 3 years,and than on January I decided.I heard Wayne Dyer saying in a program that “if you want something, start to thing about that that one day you get it.Rehearse until you get to the concert”.Now I understand that every one of us has our own time. I was so happy that I was telling evry body about this lifestyle,and some people made fun of me and never spoke with me again.We have our own path,and now I am on my and I’m letting evryone on theirs.I don’t say anything unless someone ask me. I hope you find your way. Don’t worry with the time.Go on your own time.

• Hi Ladies. I just wanted to clarify about my patients. I’m not disgusted with them or their choices at all. I’m disgusted with my own ignorance and choices. That’s why I’m so excited about this beautiful sight and the growing amount of information that is out there now. // Thank you so much for your kind words and support.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Hello Ricki, I wish you the best on your new raw food journey.

• Priceless OnePriceless One Raw Newbie

Welcome! This isn’t the easiest way to live, well around other people it isn’t, but it certainly is the most rewarding!