Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Stevia=Raw?

erinerin Raw Superstar

Hello everyone. I know stevia is a very low glycemic sweetener. Is it raw? Or are there certain brands that are raw? Agave often gives me gas so I was wondering if stevia is a good raw alternative. Any information will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• I don’t really know, but the dried, powdered green leaf may be raw, especially if you can get it from the farmers market.( in Hungary I can)

• I have also been wondering about Stevia. I guess it depends on how it is processed as to if it is raw! Would be great to find a raw source though!

• Hi Erin,
    Some dried stevia may not be raw. It may be dried at high temps. In Canada we have a brand “Advantage Health” that markets a Certified Organic Raw Stevia. You can also find stevia plants in some nurseries in the spring for planting in your garden or planter box. You can use the leaves fresh or dry them at appropriate temp.

• erinerin Raw Superstar

I have been experimenting with stevia a little and it seems to do okay for me. I’ve also been researching a little, but I can’t find anything about whether certain brands are raw or not. I work at a nursery where they sell stevia and plan to buy some to add to my garden. I’m going to continue to research and I’ll let y’all know if I come up with anything good. Thanks for all the info. It’s been helpful!

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

RawNutrtion, do healthfood stores cell the Advantage Health brand of stevia or does it have to be ordered online (which I can’t do)??

Oh, and erin, I appreciate your research. I’ll see if I can find anything too!