Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

7-day Green Smoothie cleanse, anyone?

2»

Comments

• I’ve used mustard greens in many salads before, both red and green. I never thought they had the flavor of spicy mustard, but they seemed to have a slight spice, maybe a slight more bitter than other greens.

• Hi all! Congrats on your first day! You asked how many smoothies I drink a day- I’d say around 1.5- 2 litres. I add flax, bee pollen, spirulina, maca, goji berries and cacao to my smoothies too! The smoothies really fill me up. I read on here that people consider 3.5 – 4 liters smoothie a day to be a juice feast. I am not sure as to whether you’d consider my fast a fast because of the amount I am consuming or a feast because I drink smoothies not just juice…..

Early on I felt the urge to eat solid foods was more mental than physical. My stomach felt full, my brain felt the need to eat something whether it was out of habit, emotion or otherwise.

A simple smoothie I find delish is one banana, water and a ton of spinach. It’s easy and really good. Day eight and I am still buzzin! As long as your are getting enough smoothie you feel incredible.

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

I think mine is a mental thing too. Actually, I think its because I didn’t have any apples in my fridge for a while and I missed them like crazy!! When my aunt brought some for us, I couldn’t help myself! Despite this, does anyone know how to resist the urge to chew? By this I mean that I want to consume green smoothies ONLY for this cleanse but my apples are getting in the way! Or is this just a self-disapline thing! Most likely. Ok fine, I’ll try to control myself….trrry!

Sheesh, I just realized how apple-crazy I am!

One more question, can we add things like nut/seed mylk or butter into our smoothies (I have some tahini I want to get rid of)?

• I would add the tahini just to get rid of it if you wanted, ive just read that oil and lots of nuts just slow the detox process.

• chakra essence it might just be me who thinks they taste of spicy mustard. I got my brother to eat some telling him they taste of that but he didnt really agree with me saying it had maybe a slight mustard taste.

• Day Two! Great to hear how everyone is doing. Day 1 was fine for me – I just had a really bad headache that started in the evening, and it’s still continuing today. I’m confident it will go away. My smoothie this morning is my favorite one so far! It makes about 1 liter: 1 whole bunch of spinach 2 bananas 1+ cups of frozen mixed berries splash of agave nectar 2 heaping tablespoons of dried cacao/goji berries (I found this raw mix at my food coop) water

I think that’s it…

Have a great day, everyone.

• Congrats to those on day 2!!! so here’s my thing…I wake up yesterday excited to begin this and as I am making my smoothie for the day I break out in fever and cold sweats!! so I stayed home from work and still tried to slowly drink my smoothie…this worked well b/c when i am sick i hate to eat…..but then i also had a date (first date so i did not want to cancel no matter how crappy i felt)...i nibbled on some cooked food….today i am trying again but still feel really sick…kind of like a big truck ran me over!!!......i have camu camu at home but do you guys have any recomendations as to things i can add to the smoothies to help pass this flu out of me???

• I had the best get up and go smoothie this morning. I actually got the recipe from this site. It was mint, honeydew, and celery. Oh, my gosh! It satisfied me for over 8 hours! I love smoothie fasts and the non-stop energy! I was down a little yesterday because I tried to do a cleanse that backfired, but today I’m up and energetic! I hope everybody is feeling a similar wonderful “high” that I’m on. It also seems like doing things such as yoga and meditation are so much more uplifting and easier when doing a green fast!

• Slosh-uhSlosh-uh Raw Newbie

my second day on the fast went really well. once again i had plenty of energy and didn’t feel hungry at all, despite the lack of sleep that midterms are causing me.

It funny because I haven’t really noticed a dramatic change in energy (just a minor increase), but I have noticed that I feel SO much more positive all the time! Getting up is easier and doing my daily shit that I do feels great. I just feel very happy and positive.

Has anyone else felt this? How is everyone else doing?

• Day four guys! Where is everybody? I hope all are having as much fun with this as I am! Slosh-uh, yes I feel an unbelievable amount of positive energy flowing through my veins! I can’t help but feel much better then usual when fasting. Not that I don’t feel great regularly, it’s just a different level of great. My mind is so clear and creative!

I couldn’t help myself. The store was selling raweos and I had one. And it was good.

Well I guess three days isn’t too bad for my first fast ever. Plus I have a new appreciation for smoothies now.

Hello!!! I feel so bad because I modified this cleanse for myself in a way that includes green smoothies as a ‘main’ meal and then something like apples as snacks. I also had a small hand of pumpkin seeds because I was thinking of the zinc. I’m a little disappointed with myself for not doing it the way I intended (consuming green smoothies only), but you know what? I FEEL TOTALY AWESOME AND SO POSITIVE AND HAPPY!! (don’t worry I’m not crazy). Also, I think another factor that didn’t let me focus so much on this is that this is the week before spring break so I had to CRAM all my school assignments to get them finished this week! Oh well, I still feel super duper and I’m sure its because of the benefits of the green smoothies!

I hope you guys the best! Keep it up!

chakra essence, I gotta try that mint,honeydew, and celery smoothie if it kept you satisfied for that long!

• hi guys, i m still new and blur about this. for a start, i think i will start with cleansing and detox …have a question :

1. When and how many times a day? 2. izzit really taste nice?????

when and how many times a day what? the smoothies taste great if thats what you’re asking.

And I take back what I said about that raweo being good. It was BAD. Very BAD. My tummy hurts like crazy and I went to hot yoga and I just felt pain in my tummy the whole time. I can’t digest it!! Why can’t I digest food? Frustrating. Back to smoothies it is.

And furthermore the raweo made me feel super bloated and I have a date with a really hot guy tonight. This is proof that god hates people with no willpower.

1. In the morning for breakfast I have about….I dunno it depends, actually. The most I can have is over 3/4 of my vitamix blender. And then I have another half a blender by 3:00pm..and then after washing the blender I usually decide to have another couple glasses worth (they are big tall glasses by the way). And, as mentioned above, I have my apples in between.

In general though, you can have as much as you want to keep you satisfied and I guess there is no set number of how many you can have. Really depends on how big your stomach and appetite is, lol.

2.Tate-wise, it depends on your combinations! If this is your first time trying green smoothies, I suggest to start off simple like 2 bananas and hand full or two of spinach, or mango and hand full of parsley (yum). Oh, and don’t forget water to help blender run. And then go off from there with your own creations. There are alot of recipes on this site to help you out. Personally, when I experiment with trying my own green smoothie combos, sometimes they turn out not so great, and other times they are absolutely irrisistable! I love love loooove green smoothies since I’ve gotten the hang of the combinations. Especially now that I am getting more into me during this cleanse, I can REALLY feel the benefits!

• I love waking up, taking that first deep breath, inhaling the fresh morning air! Getting up right at dawn, before the sun creeps up from the hills, while slowly reaching its horizon in silky morning sky…as the moon remains fully lit, yet disappearing, the transition truly magical! Day five, with vengeance, I come! Creativity has captured me, I’m out of control with these creative images, maybe I’m just going crazy with the amazing feel-good vibes I’ve unleashed within my soul. Can you feel my energy?! Three smoothies per day, greens, greens, greens! The oxygen levels MUST be high in my brain, I feel so crisp and clear.

Back to drinking smoothies and I feel great!! Much much better now.

: )

• I’m thinking of starting this cleanse as I have a photo session coming up in 2 weeks and I treated myself to a few very non raw and non vegan nachos at a birthday to quell my stomach grumbles! Have you all noticed facial or body benefits from the cleanse? Breaking out is the last thing that should happen for me, but I’m pretty sure I can avoid too much weight loss by making some higher calorie smoothies. The recipes from Sarma Melngailis are great. I start almost every day with the Grapefruit Cilantro one, though lately I’ve been mixing pears and greens because I bought a load of pears from the store! I still can’t hit a rival for Sarma’s grapefruit one though… It really makes you feel clean too.

PS: Does anyone know if it would be appropriate to blend a smoothie in the am and keep it cool until midday? I have classes running until 8pm Tuesday which makes blending kinda impossible, and it is hard to find a smoothie bar that carries just veggies green smoothies!

• Nicci, you never know how your body is going to respond to a cleanse. If your body is ready to detox you just may get a facial breakout.

You could make the smoothie and save it for later, but remember it’s best to have them right away, as oxygen will start to break down the nutrients. But if you keep it sealed tight in a glass jar with maybe some ice pacs you should be fine. I mean it’d be better than nachos! :)~