Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

evil awful gas

2»

Comments

• Gas is a big but preventable problem with raw diets. One reason is digestion times are often ommitted from food combining charts, they are important! Food Combining Made Simple by Herbert Shelton is a good way to understand digestion in general. A food combining chart is only a handy guide for beginners. There are other causes of gas as well. Processing food too much or too little causes digestion problems. In general, I try to leave the fibers long, but process enough that I don’t have to chew much. Storing food that has been processed is really risky. Better off making everything fresh with as few exceptions as possible. Most of all, get obsessive about food combining. Gas used to plague my life, now I can’t remember the last time I farted! BTW ambikalee is right about greens! the raw diet is best when 50% or more green, 50% or more sprouts, and 75% or more vegetables (as opposed to fruits and nuts). So on that diet, controlling gas is a matter of food processing and food combining.

• Hi everyone. I just thought I would come back and share my success story with you. After 6 months of god awful, ruin-my-life gas I did the master cleanser for another round of just 5 days (doing the master cleanser for the full 10 days was what made me go raw in the first place). I had a lot of some very interesting “eliminations” and after 5 days I went back to normal raw eating. It took me a while to notice, but I was totally gas free! It has been three weeks now of eating anything I want and having NO gas. I don’t know what to do with myself. I am beside myself with joy. What a wonderful relief for myself and my loved ones! Thanks for all of your help and support along the way. Down with the gas.

• In some raw cookbook I was flipping through, they said that a pinch of asafoetida, or also known as hing (indian spice) on your veggies would cut down on gas. I haven’t tried this so I’m not 100% sure if it works.

• juleskess – what is the master cleanser – I think that I have heard of it, but can you refresh me?

• rfoodie – it is a ten day cleanse where you drink a large quantity of lemonade made with maple syrup and cayenne pepper and eat nothing else for 10 days. You also do salt water flushing of your system every morning. You can find information on it at http://therawfoodsite.com/mastercleanse.htm It has totally changed my diet and life in the last year.