Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

St. Patty's Day

So I am attending a St. Patty’s themed baby shower this coming weekend with a group of SAD (some vegetarian) eaters. I have been asked to bring a snack or appetizer. Does anyone have good ideas for easy (I will be travelling) raw green appies that everyone will enjoy?

Thanks!

Comments

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

How about guacamole? It’s not exactly Irish food, but it’s green. The cucumber treats recipe that was posted here recently looks yummy and fresh, too… cukes with a nut pate and sprouts. Both of those ideas would probably require an ice chest for travelling, I guess.

I know! You could pre-slice up a bunch of green bell peppers, green onions, green beans, pea pods, etc… then later arrange all the green veggies with the guac in the middle. In a green bowl. On a green platter. Hehehe…

• If you weren’t travelling, I’d suggest green smoothies! St Patties may be the one day of the year SAD eaters would actually try them =P

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

How about making a raw key lime pie? Or, make a raw cookie recipe and use just enough spirulina to give it a green color without adding a “noticable” spirulina flavor. If I have any more ideas, I will let you know!

• I just finished eating some julienned zucchini tossed with basil-cashew pesto that turned out nicely. I never post recipes because I don’t measure(!), but here’s what goes in it:

1 zucchini, thinly julienned

pesto: 2 cloves garlic handful of cashews handful basil leaves juice from 1/2 lemon big pinch sea salt olive oil crushed red pepper (if you want it spicy)

^blend it and mix w. zucchini, I bet it turns out green:D

• Thanks everyone!! I just found out that there will be 60-100 people at the St. Patty’s party!! 60 women at the baby shower and 100 at the after party (when men get to come). Crazy! I will definitely do something easy. Everything you guys posted looks great. Keep them coming!

• Since there will be so many people I decided that I had to keep it a little more simple so I am not in the kitchen forever with prep work. So here is what I came up with: (thanks to you guys!)

Benny’s basil-cashew pesto as a dip with jenergy’s green veggie tray idea. I got broccoli florets, green beans, sugar snap peas, celery, & zucchini. I might also cut avocado into cubes and serve with green toothpicks (instead of cheese cubes). I don’t have a green tray but I do have a “pot of gold” chip/dip type platter with the bowl in the middle that will be perfect!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

renoir you seem to be on top of it but i wanted to share my deviled egg recipe with you…to pricey depending on where you live for avos for that many but….what they hey…