moving to los angeles area

pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

and there are so many things to consider. one is housing. i have been putting up feelers on craigslist. i’d love to share an apt./home with a like-minded person at least until i get my bearings (or even long term if it works out).

it would be cool to have a raw roommate, no?

i’d like to live in the santa monica/venice/marina area… somewhere close to the farmer’s market! anyone need a roommate, or someone to take care of their apartment or home?

if you have any ideas on how to find like-minded roommates i’m all ears… feel free to email me (click on my profile).

p.s. housesitting for a raw homeowner on sabbatical would be THE BEST. (ideas for that?)

Comments

• kundalalitakundalalita Raw Newbie

hey, i didn’t see your email but I live in santa monica and I was thinking about getting a roommate. however, at the moment im taking care of my mom temporarily until she gets better, do you know when you’d be wanting to move? it would be very cool to have a raw roommate! feel free to email me.

• Venice is the bomb! But very hard to find apartments in—you will be shocked by the prices. There are more spots in SM just because it’s a larger area. When you get to Venice check out the bulletin boards at Abbot’s Habit and also next door at the pizza company. You should be able to find some raw-living people here. If not here, where? But you might be surprised by how many of them rent out houses to six + people, all in the name of commune living, which really means they can pay their mortgage and you get to be offered foot rubs every few hours by yogi Hal. Be wise, and good luck!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

zooey glass- lol =) thanks, i’ll be wise.

danjade—what a coincidence. i’ve been checking out craigslist. i think it’s better to do it closer to when i’ll be leaving, but i just thought i’d send this info into the abyss and see what came back…

well thanks… i’m looking forward to the west coast mentality again. =)

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

pianissima, If you stike out in the immediate LA beach scene area and want to live inland in a nice suburb near a nice farmers market and whole foods, let me know…we have a nice three bedroom(pets allowed) available to rent in foothill ranch, near irvine.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

omshanti- thanks. i’ll consider that. i’ve always admired your posts and recipes, so this is a nice option. =)

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

aw thanks pianissima! Its my hubbys condo…its for sale and empty at the moment, but we’ve had no real offers on it so we are going to rent it…you could get a couple of roomies, just more to consider…you know …putting it out there into the universe;) teehee heres the link to the pics of it: http://www.movoto.com/real-estate/homes-for-sal…

phew…hope it works….good luck and happy hunting!