feeling tired and charlie horses

I have been 90% raw for about a month now. I often wake up in the middle of the night from a sudden charlie horse in my calf! Does anyone know why this happens? Am I lacking something? Also, in the morning I am sooooo tired I feel kind of weak..and have this exhausted dragging butt kind of feeling? Any suggestions???

Comments

• What is your diet?

• i am having the same problem with the calf cramps. it could be a lack of sodium, too much sodium, not enough calcium, low magnesium, or low potassium. i find if i go to bed well hydrated, have some salt with dinner, get in lots of greens and eat bananas i don’t get them as often.

also, when i got them i always tried to stretch it out. i read that you should actually do the opposite and shorten the muscle as much as possible by putting your foot to your bum, to release the cramp. useful tip because they hurt like a mother!

as far as tired in the morning…lack of nutrients could be causing that too.

• juice in the morning of kale, celery, lemon, apple, ginger, and beet…in between, I sometimes have a fruit or dried fruit. lunch is a salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, hunza raisins, and either nuts or avocado, not both…dinner is a raw soup of veggies with either avocado or nut base… and salad with the same and dessert usually with banana cacao powder, nibs or carob…

• If I were to guess I would say you are not consuming enough greens. I think if you replace something you are eating with a green smoothie (that includes bananas) you will notice huge changes in your energy level and possibly cure those cramps.

• Eat a banana every day. It’ll add more potassium to your diet which helps prevent the cramps. My brother and father get cramps all the time..leg, feet, hands, etc. And they always eat a banana when they get one….I don’t undestand why they don’t eat a banana everyday preventatively…

try it. it might help you out :)