Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Making smoothies

Hey guys, I bought a $250 Weil juicer yesterday because I grew tired of straining my smoothies. Macy’s only had the Weil or the Breville and they seem very similar but the Weil was on sale. I was wondering how do you guys juice bananas and leafy greens? The banana just leaves mush in the strainer and the greens are just chopped to bits and spit into the pulp container. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

Comments

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

You cannot juice bananas because they are too creamy and do not have enough water content. Greens ought to juice fine but it depends on your juicer. Just blend the bananas into your juice in a blender and that works.

• Hi sgmom2

Not all juicer can juice leafy greens, for that you will need a different type of juicer like a healthy juicer, or Z-star in order for you to extract high-quality juice.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I got the Omega 8005 Juicer, and it is made to do leafy greens. Champion will also do them. You have to buy a juicer that specifically says it will do leafy greens.

• Thanks guys! I returned it today. I will just have to keep straining.

• sgmom2 – I got the Omega 8005 for less than $250 online. http://www.canningpantry.com

It juices greens (and everything else too!)really well.