Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Something's missing from my Spinach guacamole

lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

So today i was craving a nice chunky guacamole, but i know i need more greens so i thought spinach would be a perfect addition since it dosn’t impart too much flavor to mess up the heavenly guac. This is what i did 1 avocado, 1 tomato, 1 clove garlic, salt, lime juiced, big mongo handful of spinach—into the blender it all went and it wasn’t horrible, but it’s missing something. I sprinkled a little dulse on the top, still no wow. I should’ve left the tomato in chunks, but there was a flavor missing. Any ideas? Cumin?

Comments

• spinach kind of does that. it’s a bit of a flavor theif. i would maybe add more lime, but it depends on your taste. cumin is a good idea.

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

onion, cilantro, and salt. if you want a little kick, add jalape

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

I’ll try all those. What about a magical,leafy green that isn’t such a thief? Thank you!

• I would say cilantro for sure. I also add a little green onion to mine.

When I make guac, I usually make salsa first, then leave some in the fp and throw the avocado in. My salsa uses fresh roma tomatoes (then quartered grape tomatoes added after everything else is mixed in the fp), cilantro, green onion, garlic, lemon or lime juice, salt, pepper, a dash of Sciabica olive oil, and sometimes peppers (if I have them on hand).

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

So i leave out the spinach and can i add a large handful of cilantro? A whole bunch? I guess what I’m reading is …make a nice guac. and serve it atop a big plate of greens! This indeed would solve my problem.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

cayenne if you don’t have/want jalapeno. Serving it on top of greens sounds good. The spinach probably “dilutes” the flavor a lot. You could try making a big salad using cilantro along with the lettuce and then use your guacamole on top instead of dressing, and maybe add some more tomatoes cut up on top, too. I have made a few variations of this kind of salad, and they were all good!