Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Crazy Excalibur Question

I just had a crazy idea… since people have mentioned about the large size and noise of an Excalibur Dehydrator (and other dehydrators), does the 4, 5 and/or 9 tray models fit into a regular size oven? If so, does anyone see any problem running the dehydrator while it is placed inside a regular over (of course the oven would not be on, it is just used to “house” the dehydrator so it is out of the way)? I figure the door might need to be open or cracked open so the dehydrator could get some fresh air. The air around it would be warmer, maybe not needing as much power to keep the dehydrator at the desired temp… One would need an extension cord to get power to it… Just a crazy thought…

Comments

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

What about aeration? That’s the only problem that comes to mind for me.

• This sounds like a great question to ask the Excalibur people directly! :) They’d definitely know what kind of surrounding are necessary for their equipment to work! If you ask them let us know that they say!

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

That’s a good idea Bluedolfin. Spacesaving. Will you post the answer once you receive if from the Excalibur people?

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Yes, I’d like to know the answer as well.

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

meee too!