Food Processor Advice

I’m going to buy a food processor and wanted some advice. In short:

Cuisinart vs. KitchenAid

7-cups vs. 11/12

I mainly prepare food for myself, but for the week.

Any advise is appreciated.

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

For one, you’ll be fine with the 7Cup. But, if you want to dehydrate stuff, the 11-Cup will be best. I wish I got the 14-Cup now that I’m doing this more often. There’s only 2 of us to feed here.

• i have done a lot of research on this as i am getting a food processor from my parents as a house warming gift. to start, i borrowed my mom’s 14 cup cuisinart prep for 3 weeks. i hated it, as you have to take out the feed tube entirely to open the lid and stir the contents, which is messy and a pain for a quick wipe of the sides. the 14 model also comes in a pro variety (the boxier looking one) that does not have this feature but it’s expensive. in the end, i decided on the kitchenaid 11 cup. 7 cups was way too small for meals that last more than one day, and the kitchenaid also comes with a smaller 4 cup attachment that will replace my ancient cuisinart mini-prep from things like guacamole, salad dressings and seed cheeses that get made in smaller batches.

i hope that helped! the best thing i found was to go to the store and play with them.

• So am I reading that wrong or is the 7-cup Kitchenaid running $90?

• Thank you. I think I’m leaning toward the KitchenAid. It’s amazing how wedded I was to the Cuisinart because of its historical prominence.

• I prefer cuisinart over the kitchenaid, but it’s just a personal preference. I would however suggest that you go with at least the 11 cup model. 7 cups sound like a lot, but it really isn’t when you are chopping stuff. They last forever and eventually you may be cooking for more than yourself. I love my 11 cup cuisinart!