Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Easter

Hey everyone, How is everybodys easter going? I’m a little worried because I have to go visit my family and eat easter dinner with them, and I just don’t want to dissapoint them by not eating. Im not too worried, I was just wondering how everyone else is doing through easter. O and also, my mother made me a little easter basket, and instead of filling it with chocolate and candy, she made a little fruit basket!

Comments

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

It sounds as though your family is making an effort to understand your diet preferences. Let them enjoy their dinner and you can enjoy your fruit basket. It’s the time that you spend with them that will be more important than what you eat..

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Sorry about the double click

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Your mom ROCKS!!! I usually take a raw dish to share with all and make NO announcement about it being raw or anything different. Then take a little of everthing on the table but only eat the item I took and just run my fork around in the rest, sort of exchanging places on the plate. No one notices I’m not eating their dead supplements. I do NOT put animal products on my plate. Good Luck to you and Happy Easter as it really shouldn’t be all about “food”.

• Until now I was working at this easter, so I didn’t have to attend anything thank God. It is GREAT that your mother Had this fantastic idea replacing the usual chocolate basket with a fruit one. Real traditions are what we make for ourselves! Regarding the dinner don’t eat anything that you wouldn’t otherwise!!! maybe you should talk about it before, so that they can make some alternative for you eg salad. What if you take some raw cake or some other raw creations with you, so you could eat something what not looks like diet food and maybe they will like it too!

• Kelly,

That is so COOL about the fruit basket! So, thoughtful of your Mother!

In late February/early March, I was really nervous about Easter, because I did not know what the Easter Bunny was going to bring our daughter.

Then I got this idea!

I found a Raw Easter Egg recipe online. Since we do not eat eggs, we were not going to color eggs. Instead, my daughter and I made our own “Raw Chocolate Easter eggs, bunnies, butterflies, etc.” yesterday. This morning, when she went to look at our chocolates in the refrigerator, they were gone! Only to be delivered by the Easter Bunny later in the morning! It has been an AWESOME EASTER to say the least.

Last night, after our daughter went to sleep, my husband and I took the chocolates and wrapped them in foil. We even made some chocolate lollipops. I wrapped the lollipops in cellophane and tied ribbons around them. I am going to post the recipe I found with a picture or two later.

This is one Happy Bunny!!!

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

I have recently been experimenting with making my own raw chocolate. I haven’t got it quite right yet but hope to do so by next Easter.

For next Easter I plan to make my own eggs, mini eggs and bunnies. Molds can be bought for just about anything. And the eggs can be wrapped in homemade wrappings or foil.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Great mommy!

my mom made raw chocolate cinamon rolls (from David Wolfes Naked chocolate book for my desert! I just took some of my Zucchini Vermacelli with Cilantro Pesto for din dins. My folks are cool with that.

My dad was cute, he looks at my plate and says ‘hmmm, why does she get something different?’ In the tone of a jealous little kid. Then I reminded him I’m raw and told him he can’t have any! He doesn’t like cilantro anyway!