Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Eating raw on the go

Since I incorporated raw into my diet, I’m having the hardest time eating when I’m on the go-out shopping, running errands, or whatever. I don’t want a sald all the time and all the raw restaurants are far away from where I live. Is anyone else having this problem, if so, how to you handle it. Oh yeah, I’ve already tried the fruit and nuts. I want to be able to eat a meal. I feel heavy when I am forced to eat cooked food. I don’t feel alive. Is anyone feeling my pain?

Comments

• When I’m on the go I either make something ahead of time and take it with me … like chopped apples dipped in Artisana’s Amazon Bliss. Or I make a quick stop at the market or grocery store and buy some fruits to eat in my car, like bananas. I think it also helps to abandon the idea of “meals” and realize that raw diets do not involve as much work as cooked diets. If you really want a meal on the go, the best thing I can think of is to create as raw food meal ahead of time. Hope this helps.

• Greetings 3relefords did you make it to the farmers market this weekend.

In response to your post it can be hard to be on the go, have you tried Lara bars just to hold you over. Otherwise it’s what skystrdust said make something in advance.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

2relefords: Yes, definitely feel your pain! I think Portland is easier than a lot of places to eat raw, but still….

Do you have a dehydrator? It helps me quite a bit to have some raw bars around, especially in the car. I suppose they are basically made out of fruit and nuts, but they are good to grab in a pinch. For running around town, it is helpful to have a mental list of local juice bars also. There is one in our mall, so even when shopping I know I can grab a fresh juice.

• Hey ardesmond2, no I haven’tmade it to the market yet, tomorrow for sure. You and skystrdust are right, I just have to plan accordingly. I’m going to try and do better.Thanks for the feedback. This site ROCKS and yu guys are THE BEST!!!!!

• Thanks Kandace. Yes, I do have a dehydrator, but I try to stay away from recipes that call for nuts, they seem to be everywhere. I eat them in moderation. I’ve never made raw bars before, but that option will be expolred. Juice bars…never thought of that…...good idea.

• My husband says that my mini van looks like a produce section. I try to always have a small carton of blueberrys, tomatos, 1-2 oranges, and bananas and almonds in the car and a trash bag :) And in my glove compartment I have a stash of 100% RAW Chocolate – which I only enjoy when the kids are NOT with me.