Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Fatfree/low fat recipe ideas?

Hello all,

Does anyone have any good fat free or low fat recipes (besides smoothies and fruit blends) that they like?

My Dad needs to loose some weight quickly in order to have a surgery to fix a painful hernia (physical defect, can not be corrected by raw unfortunately) and so I am putting him on all raw, very low fat for awhile.

He really likes veggies. Any good ideas?

Blessings,

Audrey www.rawhealing.com

Comments

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

big salads with lots of different veggies….

• There’s a wonderful recipe on here for “Mashed Cauliflower.” It calls for 3/4 cup of the seeds of your choice.I only used 1/4 cup making it a fairly low fat option. It was very tasty.

• Raw Pasta!

Zucchini for the noodles, soaked in lemon juice, pepper and some sea salt, if you want

Sauce: 2 tomatoes, 1/4 cup SD tomatoes, 4 basil leaves, bit of oregano, splash of lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste If you want a “meatier” sauce, add some crimini mushrooms.

• mmmmmm kathryn I want some right now.. with tomato sauce (Raw of course)!!! drools…..

• Thanks guys! Keep ‘em coming! :-)

Blessings,

Audrey

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

i like a nori kale dulse wrap. I put the kale or other strong tasting veggie like collard greens into the nori roll and top with strips of dulse to taste. wrap it into a roll. So delicious- got this from a rawfooder but the couple also put in avocado but i wasn’t big into avocados at the time.

• JoyceH, that sounds very savory and delicious. Like you, I am going for simplicity. Thanks!