Food combinations...how important are they

How important is it to live by the food combinations when going raw? after eating a certain area (lets say veggies and starches) could I eat an apple (fruit) right after that..or should i wait..

i heard that fresh fruit and nuts don’t combine but i hear it a lot in the forums that people eat them together…so i guess i am confused.

Comments

• You’ll get lots of conflicting info on this, but i believe if you are eating foods with high enzymatic activity then food combining is a non-issue for a high raw individual. If you eat cooked, you need to be more careful, but your body will tell you. It’s a personal choice for me not to put soaked nuts in my morning smoothie. At that time of day, i only want fruit. I choose to put my fats in later in the day. It’s just what works for this ‘ole gal.

• i notice when i dont combine very good, then my stomach is very upset and has a real hard time digesting… i strive to combine properly…doesnt mean i do it all the time though…..it’s a work in progress… your body will let you know when it’s time to start combining properly….til then Enjoy everything Raw!

• The only thing I do is that I don’t mix fruit and fat except for the occasional citrus juice with avocado and I always eat melons completely by themselves.

This has been more in keeping with listening to how my own body reacts when I didn’t follow those principles vs. actually worrying about following any rules. When I first went raw I could get away with mixing fruit and fat all the time and I felt great. The longer I was raw and the cleaner my body got, the less tolerant it became of less than ideal combinations. I HATE not feeling well, so I quickly learned that I prefered to listen to my body.

Always just use your body as your guide. You CAN trust it!

Blessings,

Audrey www.rawhealing.com

• When I was a Tree of Life last year, Gabriel Cousens noted fruits and vegetables, and melons combined with any other foods, are two combinations to watch out for.

Then I went to a Victoria Boutenko lecture, and she said fruits and veggies together are ok, as long as you don’t combine fruits with root veggies.

Anyway, on a raw food diet, each food comes with its own digestive enzymes. Also, a lot of raw food is predigested, like sprouts, soaked nuts and seeds, bee pollen, etc, which facilitates the overall digestive process.

I guess, like chilove and others above have mentioned, you can just listen to your body to see how it likes particular combinations. :)