Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Just went raw and I can't breathe!

southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

So, I went raw completely about 3 days ago…and ever since, I haven’t been able to breathe. Sometimes, I am okay, but most of the time I feel like I am going to stop breathing. I feel like I have to “think” about breathing! I ate pizza last night, and I was able to breathe fine, but now today, I haven’t been able to breathe all day. I never have had panic attacks in the past or anything, but I don’t know what going on! Somebody help! Oh, and when I stand up, I black out. Just now I almost busted my head on the refridgerator. Should I eat some cooked foods to ease the transition or what?!

Comments

• Maybe you are allergic to something. Have you ever done an allergie test? There are some cross allergies between tree pollens and some fruits, veggies. Maybe it would be a great idea to try eating more simple for a few days or 1-2 weeks and montior how you feel after each meal. That way you could track what couses your simptopms. Probably it is just detox and it will pass for sure! If you really wanna slow down the detox process, you may eat some cooked food, but choose from the health category such as brown rice, millet or some lightly stemed veggies. But eat just a little from these.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Southernlover, if you post an average days’ food, maybe we can help. Are you asthmatic? High altitude?

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

it sounds like you aren’t getting enough calories maybe? and that’s why the pizza helped… ?

remember what a pint of tomato sauce would love like with all the raw ingredients on the table, or applesauce, or something… just to get some perspective of HOW MUCH food goes into cooked food…

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

woooooah…i would say go see a doctor right now!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I second that, You should go to the doctor. This could be just a coincidence that it is happening after you turned raw. just make sure, go to the Doc.!

• juicyjuicy Raw Newbie

I have had the same thing happen. I also did a water fast and this experience- of trying to breathe really hard to get any air- happened to an extreme. Did you used to smoke? cigarettes or otherwise? I think this is the reason it was happening to me..my lungs detoxing. It passes with in a few days, so not to worry. Drink lots of water!

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

I smoked, but it’s been over 2 years since then. I haven’t ever had any breathing problems. I think it’s all in my head…something psychological or something. I’ve heard that going raw can be a really emotional process of letting go of old baggage …? I am a Christian, and I am not into all this new agey stuff, but that kind of makes since.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Are you getting better?

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

I think so…I ate a ton of cooked food a little while ago though. (It was my sister in laws b-day, and I ate for her, and plus it was really good salmon.) Okay, I only can’t breathe when I think about it. Yep, losing my mind. :)