Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

inspiration! this blew me away

omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

this is long ,but worth all 18 minutes of it…still drying the tears!

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/03/13/when-a…

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Wow… I want to watch the video tonight, but just reading the news article – - it looks like a great story.

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Oh! I watched that video and it really touched me. I wish I could feel what she felt for just a minute.

• juicyjuicy Raw Newbie

I agree- completely resonated with me. I have been telling people about it since I saw it on welikeitraw- I believe.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

me too Vaughn, jsut for a second to have that kind of expanded conciousness and know that joy…. its almost good enough to know it exsists.. dreamy smile…

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

omshanti~ That was a really great vid. I love the fact that a brain researcher was researching her own brain from the inside out. lol Yes, that expanded consciousness on-demand would be great… don’t know about having a stroke to get it though… but it is possible w/o a stroke. Gosh, what would the world look like if, like, 25% of the people had that access?... let alone 80% or 90%? WOW!!!

Have you explored other vids on the ted.com site. They are really inspirational, fascinating, and thought provoking. So far, in addition to the one you posted, these are some of my favs:

Enjoy…

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

blue, how cool i jsut was looking around there, good ones!

om~ It is great that there are links to download the talks. I downloaded some so when I “need” the good energy, I can watch them. I don’t always have access to a high speed connection. Another inspirational site (actually it the music) is Paul Hoffman’s site, http://successsongs.com. If you get on his email list he just sent out a link to some new stuff he has done… awesome!

• Wow, thanks for this OmShanti! And thanks for the info, too, Blue Dolphin!

My privilege to inspire aspire. 8)

In Karen Armstrong’s talk, she finally expressed a great way to “be” with differences… Many people talk about “tolerance”. That never sat well with me. For me, tolerance implies a way of being that is dismissive. Karen speaks about understanding and compassion which is inclusive. This resonates with me.

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

WOW. I finally got a chance to watch this and it made me cry. The raw emotion in her voice when she attempts to articulate the vastness of that all-encompassing feeling… wow. I want some of that. And at the end when she says, “Which do you choose?” I said HOW?? to my computer screen. Heh… how do you search for that place? How do you activate the peaceful all-is-one center of the left hemisphere? How do you tap in to that enormity?

• Oh WOW. What a great find! I loved hearing her experience as someone who understood how the brain worked and understood what an opportunity this would be to remember and understand and share. I also love how she describes that feeling as nirvana and how she felt just how simple it could be for anyone to reach if they just understood how easy it was and how to do it.

Thanks so much for sharing goes to share with my friends now