Storing Raw Foods?

Hello all! Newbie here…

I just bought all sorts of new raw foods and I have no idea what the best way to store them is.

Here is a list of my foods:(all grains are whole)flax, hard red winter wheat, oats, sesame seeds, buckwheat, shredded coconut, dried apricots, prunes, goji berries, goldenberries, dried mango, macadamia nuts, pecans, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, dulse, kelp powder, maca, grey sea salt, cacao powder, cacao nibs, sun dried tomatoes.

Here are my storage options: fridge, freezer, airtight glass jars w/rubber seal, glass jars w/ metal lids, glass jars w/loose glass lids, airtight ceramic containers, ziploc bags.

What do I put where?? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thank you, Adria

Comments

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

great question, i’d love to know what everyone does. i put almost everything in the fridge. in either glass jars, ziploc bags, and tupperware.

~ami

• Hi!

with flax, wheat, buckwheat there is no problem, you can store them anywhere, they last long. You better store the oats in the fridge, because otherwise they go rancid quickly. I store my sesame seeds in glass jar with metal lid and it is fine, lasts quite long like 4-5 months if I Don’t eat them cos I love tahini :) I would store the macadamias, walnuts, almonds and pecans in the fridge (it doesn’t matter in what) Pumpkin seeds don’t go bad quickly so it can be stored in a cupboard in a glass jar, and shedded coconut too(however it may not be raw) For the dried fruits, cacao and seaweed don’t worry about them, they can be stored exteremely long.

• Thank you, flybaby! Ami, I hope this helped you, too.