kiwi fruit: alkaline? sugary?

anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

Does anybody knows if kiwi fruit is an alkaline fruit? and, does it have too many sugars? Is a raw diet a low glycemic diet itself or if you it too many bananas the GI goes up easily?

Comments

• It’s generally stated to be low GI fruit, but it is also a seedless fruit which in general should either be mixed with other fruit that have seed or not eaten at all.

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

Oh, that is new for me, so in general it is better not to eat seedless fruit? (I like to mix banana and kiwi… perhaps that is not the best combination…)

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

I checked my trusty “Acid/Alkaline Food Guide” by Susan Brown and Larry Trivieri Jr., and kiwi is rated as highly alkaline. Different books and different websites have different info, but kiwi and most fruits are alkaline. It all depends on how the acidity/alkalinity is measured.

http://carbs-information.com/glycemic-load-frui… rates kiwi’s glycemic load as 5, which is pretty low (compared to dates at 42 – wow!). Gabriel Cousens considers it a sweet fruit we should limit in our diet, but, in my opinion, I don’t think that is true.

Seedless fruits like seedless watermelon, seedless grapes, and seedless citrus have extensively hybridized, and if the fruit doesn’t have the seeds, you have to wonder what else is missing. These fruits tend to be higher is sugar, and lower in minerals.

I could be wrong, but I always thought those little black things inside the kiwi were the seeds.

As far as bananas go, I think the common banana has probably been hybridized. The glycemic load is 12, which is pretty high for a fruit. The glycemic index is only 51, which is considered pretty low, but I don’t like to use the glycemic index rating much, since I think it’s somewhat misleading. Check out that website for more info. :)

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

Ok, I was wrong about kiwi. Those little black things inside the kiwi are seeds, but they are not viable, probably because they are hybridized? Anywho, my bad. :)