Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Ok, I really need help with nut milk

I’m the only raw person in my house, and I’d like to start making more nutmilk, but it spoils too quickly on me, then it gets wasted. Can I make a batch of nut milk, then freeze 2 cup servings that I can thaw out at a later time, or will freezing it ruin the milk? Help!

Comments

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

Yes, you can freeze your nut and seed milks – no problem.

Cheers! Kristen Suzanne

• SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

Thanks for posting this question. I was wondering the same thing.

• It also helps to store them in mason jars.

• on this topic, how long does nut milk last? i have been having stomach issues and i’m wondering if it’s from my week old nut milk…

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

like ardesmond says, store any raw juice you want to preserve in an airtight glass mason jar. Like a salsa jar or a spaghetti jar. To make sure it is airtight, fill it up to the top and put the lid on and if some spills over, you know you have an airtight seal. Oxygen spoils raw liquids. As long as it is stored in the refrigerator with no exposure to oxygen, it will stay fresh for about a week or longer, depending.

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

I just make one serving of nut mylk for myself at a time. I never strain, I just blend the nuts. It’s pretty smooth mixture, almost as smooth as going through the straining process. I know, it’s a lot higher in fat, but it’s all healthy fats!

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

rawererin,

I usually just make what I can drink that day. But I almost always have almonds soaking in a mason jar in the fridge. I leave them to soak on the kitchen counter overnight, drain and rinse them like crazy, and wash the jar well. Then I put the almonds back in the jar with plenty of purified water, screw on the lid and put them in the fridge. I drain, rinse, and replace the water every day or so. They last a long time that way and I can use what I like each day or two to make milk.

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

One thing I’ve noticed that makes nut milk last longer is always using the same jar. I mean, don’t use the jar to store your marinara sauce, then use it for nut milk. Always only one jar. I have a jar I wrote “nut milk” on so there’s no confusion. Another thing I saw on this site that’s a great suggestion, use muffin tins for freezing nut milk – they’re a lot bigger than ice trays.