My quinoa is sprouting - yeah!!

SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

After a somewhat disastrous sprouting beginning, I am very excited to report that my little quinoa are sprouting. Now, I need to figure out what to do with them. I was thinking of a tabbouleh type of dish. Any suggestions?

Special thanks to Angie for the sprouting advice. I am now trying adzuki beans again. :)

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Yay, it is working! If you like sushi-type nori rolls, I have used quinoa mixed with avocado, garlic, ginger(fresh crushed if you can), and sea salt as a filling. Lay a nori sheet, then a washed and DRIED lettuce leaf or two, then some of the filling, then put in the middle your choice of: thin-sliced apple, cucumber or carrot sticks (or whatever other veggies you might like). Roll up and seal the edge of the nori sheet (wet the edge and press it onto the rolled up part) and slice. This was the food that made me realize I could eat raw! For tabouleh salad, take 1 cup of the sprouted quinoa, 2 bunches of parsley, 1/2 cup of lemon juice, 1/2 cup of olive oil, 2 or 3 tomatoes – diced, 1/2 bunch of fresh mint, (and maybe some garlic?) and sea salt to taste. Sorry I don’t remember the amount or if I really put in garlic for sure – it’s been a long time. Then mix everything together and wrap it in a cabbage or lettuce leaf, although my favorite is grape leaves if/when available:). I’m going to have to make it again when my neighbor’s grapevines get leaves. Enjoy!

Edit: I got the original recipe for the sushi rolls from RAW - The Uncook Book by Juliano. That was a long time ago, so I’m not sure how much I have changed the recipe since then:)

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Thanks a lot SarahJ and Andie.I’ve never sprouted quinoa before,just soaked it and ate with bananas and dates like a “raw oatmeal style”.