deglet dates? are they raw?

I was wondering if deglet dates are raw? I saw them at my health food store – I didn’t bother to ask a rep because they tend to give me info that isn’t accurate. I’m hoping that they are because they are alot chepaper than medjool dates. thanks in advance.

Comments

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Just bought some so i hope they are. I’ll see what i can dig up on the little piglets, oh deglets… Yes! Most sources fine, but check out the source. Mine are Shiloh Farms, organic, pitted and unsulpfured.

• ohh thank you so much! I am happy to hear this. I looked it up a little bit and hadn’t found out much info online.

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

I don’t think it is the kind of dates, it’s the source. Some places steam them and others don’t. I am lucky enough to live right in date farm heaven, so I am always sure that my dates are raw…not to gloat lol.

• ohhh. these are bulk packaged by the store. hm. guess I’ll have to ask – not sure if i’ll get the right answer though.. its happened to me before.

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Yeah, I got some before at Costco and I guess they were’nt raw. I think a way that you can tell is if they look really shiny and smooth, they are generally not raw. The raw ones have more texture or something, I guess. That’s what I was told anyway. Also they sometimes have the natural date sugar crystals under the skin, if they are raw. Just what I heard. Hope this helps.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Oooh. i don’t know about mine—they are certainly drier than those fresh creamy medjools, but then again, we are leaving date season. I love them in the fall/winter and never want them in the summer.

• mine are drier too – but, i do think they have the sugar crystals under the skin?