Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

pee

pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

seeing how the #2 forum went so swimmingly… =)

i had to get a drug test for a new job and it came out “diluted.” i have diluted urine? the nurse made some comment about my sample looking like water…

i read that this is a sign of being hydrated. is that true?

i’m finding this somewhat hilarious. and i have to take the test again (oh yippee!, the people at this clinic were by far the most unfulfilled & grumpy people i’ve encountered in CT so far… and that’s saying A LOT!) ;)

Comments

• yeah I think it just means your hydrated, but I guess thats not a good thing for a drug test. But generally its not a good thing to have yellow/concentrated urine.

• haha sorry i have to say that is pretty funny.. at least its not like when i was in the army.. there has to be someone who watches you.. “witnesses the flow of urine from the body into the cup” is what the regulation says.. but hey, there would be no question as to whether it were diluted or not! could you imagine having to be the “witness” not just to one person, but to an entire company.. of course there was a male for the males and a female for the females.. its like, what did they do to deserve that!? the worst part is is that they wouldnt always do it like first thing in the morning when everyone is all clean.. no no they would sometimes wait till we had just finished a 14mile ruck march.. eww.. stinky were we ever! of course noone was hydrated at that point so we all had to stand around drinking water so we could go.. i’ve even had witnesses tell me i couldnt squat even alittle.. so yeah.. standing straight up to pee, trying to aim and having some mean lady lookin at me.. UNCOMFORTABLE! but yeah.. if its clear, you are hydrated. and can you blame them for being grouchy? they have to play with pee all day.. but if they are grouchy next time, tell them my story and tell them it could be worse.. they could be a witness for urinalysis in the military..

• Ok, if I remember correctly, they have to take the temp of your urine. If its not at 98.6 or close, then they can question it and have you take it again. So if you diluted it, it would be “colder” than it should be. Duh.

But yes, you are hydrated

good luck

• yeah good point kattbuddah i remember one time i had to do one for a job and i took too long to get my complicated jeans zipped and buttoned and they made me do it again cuz i took too long.. they said i could have done something to it.. the next time i came out of the bathroom without zipping and buttoning. the grouchy nurse acted like i came out naked.. she got an attitude with me.. couldnt please that day..

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

I’ve been on both sides of this issue… I went to rehab for alcohol and other substances, where there was a daily pee test, and then later I worked in the safety department for a company that does random drug testing and I was in charge of the program (yes, I appreciated the irony). As well as the concern about diluting your sample with water, a lot of people will drink like a gallon of water right before the test, hoping to have very diluted pee, which could make it harder to detect any drugs. Theoretically. The tests are pretty sophisticated nowadays and it’s damn hard to get away with anything.

Also, I’ve found that the general mindset of people in charge of drug testing tends to be “guilty until proven innocent,” unfortunately. So if there’s anything even slightly off you’re going to get frowned at. You must be up to something! Heh…

Another thought I just had… most people don’t drink enough water. So the testers are probably used to seeing very yellow or dark pee, so clearish pee could look mighty suspicious. The testers being suspicious by nature to begin with doesn’t help, either. ;o)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

jenergy & kattbuddah—yeah. there was no faucet in the bathroom though. no way i could have diluted it. i didn’t even drink that much water before the test. i just thought this was funny cuz it proves i’m healthy. it makes me wonder if the medical system even knows what healthy is anymore… same thing happens when i get my blood pressure taken. hm…

loveskale—that is a REALLY funny story! wow.

• I used to work as a counselor who performed urine tests, diluted is as jenergy states, people will drink GALLLONS of water to make it so there is no actual “urine” in the cup, only water. Your urine is the waste product of your body, since drugs are considered to be unnecessary and toxic, they are excreted in urine to remove them from your system. My advice is not to drink anything all day (I know, rediculous) until after the test. Your body will have time to produce waste products and prove your innocence.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

ok. i’ll dehydrate myself. i hope they realize how much i’m sacrificing for their sake. ;)

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Hahaha!! That’s funny, pianissima. ;o)