hematoma help

omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

some of you already know about my spectacular fall this weekend, I have the hematoma from hell…any natural rememdys besides ice heat and arnica i can try? its beyond huge!

Comments

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I am so sorry to hear that you have hurt yourself but I’m glad you are up to visiting the site. It certainly could have been worse.

I found this tidbit on Bromelain enzymes help the body reabsorb hematomas, but there are no specifics on dosage. However, Dr. Weil’s article on bromelain assisting hematoma calls for a dosage higher than just eating a pineapple. Read about it here.

If you do an internet search with Bromelain ands Hematoma, you will find other sites, including one that puports that the studies linking bromelain to blood clot healing is flawed.

I’ve had one of those bad boys myself and it can get bigger over several days. I hope you feel better soon.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

hey om~ The same poultice that we discussed for your horse would work. The poultice was originally created for athletic injuries.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

hey blue i forgot about that,hmmm and dain thanks for the tip im off to read more about your suggestion, what about leeches? im halfway serious here…anyone?