Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Greens

have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

I’m not sure which area this should go but a previous post on greens had me curious. Which greens do YOU consider most beneficial?

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hi Have mersey, just saw your name and was wondering if you live in merseyside? If you do then please come along to our potluck, we’re only 30 mins from Liverpool, and it is such a blast – and free! Check it out here: http://purelyraw.com/potluck.htm

As far as greens go the most beneficial for me is kale. I don’t know why but I haven’t been able to go a day without it since I first tried it over a year ago. I am addicted to it in the best way. It makes me feel so good, it makes me feel full up and satisfied. Spinach comes a close second their creaminess is wonderful, and sprouts are creeping up my list too as I have been experimenting with them and am starting to crave them too. I am building up quite a green habit! I didn’t start out liking them but in the last few months I have really got myself hooked on them.

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Wild greens! They’re way more intense than cultivated… You get them fresher and more alive… And a lot of them taste very good.

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

Actually my love is from Merseyside.

I knew from your picture you were psychic, before I read your profile. :) And I must say you have beautiful eyes!

I agree on wild greens being nice. But so far the only things I have personally positively identified are dandelions. We live near a mainly wooded area, and things are just coming up as of yet.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Nettles are good especially right now. Nettle juice makes me bounce off the walls. Even just a few handfuls of grass from the garden in a green smoothie gives me a wild buzz

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

Cilantro! and Romaine.. love the two together!

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

I eat a lot of spinach. I like the soft taste and the creaminess.

I eat romaine lettuce. I’ve recently been buying a Dolce Verde romaine lettuce which is quite sweet. Little gem lettuces are great as using as “crackers” to spread dips and pates on.

I usually have a big green salad a few times a week and eat some form of green every day.

Everytime I see a picture of Nettles, they look different. But I’ve been dying to gather some fresh.

I’ve been wondering for a long time wether the greens down our path are wild spinach. They look just like it, only thicker, and medium-small. Curiousity may kill me. I suppose I’ll research wether spinach has any look alikes. It would be very nice if it were that as it is EVERYWHERE, or was last year at least, it’s just coming up now.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Spinach and Kale!

• parsley! i like italian parsley, but curly parsley is good too. and so delicious!

i also like kale and spinach, and try to sometimes eat spicier, more bitter greens like dandelion and mustard, but i don’t like them as much. collards and romaine are good for wraps, and baby and microgreens and good for salad.

what greens are most beneficial? the ones you eat.

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

Purslane and lambsquarters are wonderful, if you can find them. You might need to go the farmer’s market when they are in season. I think they grow wild, too!

Some people put them down, and consider them weeds, but all cultivated greens at one time were weeds, correct? :)