Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How much dark chocolate do you eat?

In the “Detox diet” natalie rose’s book..she says you can have dark chocolate (75% dark) after dinner everyday without ruining diet…how about you guys?

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

chocolate makes me feel like i’ve had 10 cups of coffee. i don’t eat it anymore as a result. she recommends eating dagoba bars, which is a company that got bought out by nestle. =(

if you like chocolate, there are some delicious recipes on this site.

when i first went raw i ate a crazy amount of the chocolate ganache cake in “raw food real world.” it’s not purely raw, but neither is a chocolate bar… and it’s an AMAZING transition dessert. plus, it’s vegan.

good luck!

p.s. raw cacao nibs can be ground up in a coffe grinder and smell better than ANY chocolate powder i have EVERy smelled. almost like a liqueur.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

oh, one more thing: if you feel like you need it, then i think it’s a perfectly acceptable transition food. no guilt.

• debbietookdebbietook Raw Master

So is Natalie meaning cooked chocolate? Sounds like it – ‘75% dark’ (?)

If anyone’s contemplating cooked chocolate (however ‘dark’), please eat raw chocolate instead – it’s much better for us (and delicious)!

• Yeah forget dark chocolate! Raw chocolate is amaaaazing. Though I’ve recently heard some controversy about its benefits, I can’t help but eat this amazing food. I like to mix raw cacao with coconut butter and eat a few spoonfuls before my day ahead of 2 jobs. Always gives me energy, keeps me smiling without bulging the belly ;)

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

I think Green and Blacks 70% bars are a great transition treat. I often take them with me when I travel so if I get a chocolate jones I don’t blow it on something awful. Its true you can make fantastic raw chocolate treats but don’t pack your bags for a guilt trip if you opt for convenience with a really good quality dark choco bar.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

At home, I make my own chocolate with raw cacao, coconut oil and a couple of dates. yesterday i made Superballs—2T raw cacao, 2-3 dates, depending on size, 1/2 scoop of Barlean’s greens and a few soaked goji berries. Power chocolate! Once I perfect the recipe, I’ll post. mahsa-you can purchase raw cacao powder from Sunfood Nutrition a large jar will last you 2-3 months!

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

5 tbs of cacao 3 tb of flax seeds 1 tb maca, 1 tb wild jungle peanuts, pinch celtic sea salt, and a decent amount of agave.

ill make this 4-5 times a week. when i do sometimes i’ll double this.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I make my own raw chocolate by blending 1/2 cup melted cacao butter with 1 tablespoon raw cocoa (NOT COCONUT BUTTER) powder, and a few tablespoons of maple syrup. Add some vanilla beans for milk chocolate, and more cacao powder for dark chocolate. Yum!! Tastes just like regular chocolate. Cacao butter is secret. Oh and you can get truly raw cacao powder from:

http://rawguru.com/store/raw-food/truly-raw-coc…

It says NOT TO CONFUSE RAW COCOA POWDER WITH RAW CACAO POWDER, which is just ground up cacao beans.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Try to get the raw stuff and make your own raw choco ymmies. There isn’t much goodness left in comercially made dark chocolate. It’s been heated to death!

You can get raw Cocoa powder that is very finely ground. The cocoa butter has been cold pressed from the beans and then the remeaining cocoa stuff, is then cold ground. This is the best for a velvety smooth chocolate.

Take 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tbsp, raw chashew butter, and 1 tbsp raw honey ( if you do honey) or agave necter ( I limit agave becasue i have heard even if it says raw, if it is sweet and runny, it really isn’t, that’s is why I buy tryly raw honey now) Mix this all up into a creamy goo, and put on a banana, or eat it right off the spoon! YUMMMY.

Or you can get raw cocoa beeans and dip them in a raw sweetener of your choice and just munch them. Pretty intnese this way though!

A note on maple sypup. If you are going to use it, make sure it is the REAL maple syrup, not Auntie J. Also, it is as unraw as you can get, as it takes about four gallons of sap, boiled and boiled to make maybe a litre of syrup. It does have some nutrition though, and I use it once in a BLUE moon!

Have fun!

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

heyitsmahsa: Roasting affects the nutritional profile of the cacao bean. When eaten raw, the MAO inhibitors remain intact. This chemical can help with suppressing the appetite, which can help you lose weight.

For something easy, you can try cacao nibs, goji berries, and hemp seeds for a cacao trail mix! Add some sweetener if you like, esp. if you’re not accustomed to the taste of raw cacao. :)