Fermented food?

I was told by local food guru that raw was great, but I should supplement it with fermented foods.

Is this possible in a raw diet? And is it really necessary to regain helpful bacteria?

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Yes, I take Garden of Life Primal Defense, it REALLLY helps the gut and really increases you energy by a gazillion. It’s a green food supplement with lactobacillus in it. Do not question whether you need bacteria, it is very helpful and will only INCREASE the awesom effects of raw.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Rawkid. – I take that too! I call it my ‘dirty water’ cos’ i drink it in the mornings with a big glass of water! Tastes like dirt too. Don’t get me wrong, it’s actually not awfull!

I don’t know id fermented foods restore intestinal flora. I wouldn’t think they do, but I could be wrong.

Sorry,not much help for you!

• yes, fermented foods contain probiotics and yes they are great for your health, and do restore intestinal flora. they also contain b12.

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

Yes, I hear as long as you don’t have candida or hypoglycemia, fermented foods are fine. You can probably have a lot of fun making your own seed yogurt, sauerkraut and kim chi. :)