Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

cacao + goji 'high' ??

2»

Comments

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

artzyfartzy-it’s been sooo great watching your transition and your perseverance! We’ve watched that clarity emerge and have seen you through all that detox and you never gave up!!!! You’ll have to make the hubby the superballs i posted last week—cacao, goji berries,a little coconut oil, a little water to moisten and a scoop of powdered greens or spirulina and a few dates to sweeten. All-i hear you on making your own. i just got back from NYC and lunched at Bonobos daily. One day i splurged on a big pecan date ball—too much agave and I felt a little sick after. i don’t use much agave anymore, but most recipes i’ve subbed in a few dates without a problem.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

based on this thread I tried the goji/cocoa.. normally I don’t really care for either but I ground up some walnut butter and shaped it into a square the size of a cookie.. then stuck goji’s and cocoa all over it.. omg! so freaking good!!! I’ve eaten it the last four days (made different nut butters to hold it as a base) thanks for the tip!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I looked for the chocolate covered gojis out of curiosity – I found them in the raw section of my HFS, but when I read the label I found out the cacao isn’t raw, and they have sugar in them. I told a girl who was working there, so hopefully they will move them out of the raw section soon.

• lzhpt: thank you so much for the encouragement. I can’t wait to try your recipe!

Kminty3: yum, i’m going to try your idea.. sounds delish!

• JoyceH: when you add the cacao to your green smoothie ( i eat a green smoothie every a.m.) .. can you taste the cacao? are your green smoothies on the sweeter side? I make all sorts of green smoothies so I guess i’ll have to experiment a bit..