Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Ewww raw pre-made food

So i went to whole foods and spent like 80 dollars, which I shouldn’t have..on like raw cookies (raweoes) and then that raw food line rebecca’s or something, some raw tuna like roll..they were both DISGUSTING i threw them away..what a waste!!

I’m going to stick to regular non made foods like fruits and veggies lol…i feel sick now! :(

Comments

• Okay that was a large amount of money. Whole foods is really kind about refunds no matter what condition the product is in.

• Sabrina1979Sabrina1979 Raw Newbie

true..they even told me if i am not happy with the liquid stevia i can return it…pretty much anything, half eaten, or opened or what not, they take it back. TODAY..i bought 2 pack 7th generation diapers (12.99 one pack) and i got them for free because they did not had them in the system for some reason ( i buy them there all the time). FREE!!!!..that made up for my husband bitching at me spending 20 dollars on a SIGGI bottle..hehe

• really? i didnt know you could…i shouldnt have thrown them away lol woops

• Actually, heyitsmahsa, you may be able to get a refund just using the receipt, if you still have it. I have been told before at Whole Foods that I only needed to bring in the receipt. I also tried some of Roxanne’s prepared raw foods and did not care for them. I do like Lydia’s Organics. Their cereals, and crackers are great, but now that I have a dehydrator I am trying to give them up.

• holy shiza mahsa!!! I can’t believe you spent that much money and literally threw it away! I have to agree, that lady’s line of “raw” food is NASTY. I bought her food once, took one bite and returned it. When they asked why I was returning it, I told them exactly why: “BECAUSE IT TASTES NASTY.” It’s true, they’re super nice about refunds. For future reference! It’s good to know, that way you can feel more comfortable about buying raw foods without feeling bad if you don’t like it! Pull em out of the garbage and return to whole foods!!!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

yeah, roxannes raw line is just gross. I can’t believe people buy it. It is so expensive too. My bf likes some of the things so I bought a few things for him but I think no more. It is just too expensive and esp. the bread is just yuck!

• Besides Lydia’s, are there any raw prepared stuff worth trying? I don’t have a dehydrator and might want to try cereal, etc.

Farmers market today! :D

• Kookie Karma has yummy granola/cereal, pretty expensive, but good in a pinch.I had a few things I liked from One Lucky Duck, but can’t remember which products, since I don’t buy too much prepared stuff any more. I get that the products have a small market and costly ingredients, but they’re mostly too pricey for me.

I did NOT like the stuff from Raw Makery that I tried.

• Man I knew that place was expensive! It used to be my “fantasy island” when I lived in Cali. (did I just date myself a bit or what?) I hardly ever bought anything though cause it was always too expensive for my budget. But if I could go back I’d buy something just to be able to say I did… He he he he

• So lydia’s are good? i saw that too but didnt know…

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

OMG raweos are SOOO gross!! I think I had the same brand you did, heyitsmahsa. there was this cardamom flavor that almost made me gag – and I spent $9 on one little package. I’m never making that mistake again!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Lydia’s italian crackers are amazing.

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

I like the flavor of Lydia’s products, but for some reason when I eat even a moderate amount of her cereal, I get a very heavy feeling, and all I want to do is veg out on the couch. :)

• hahaah winona

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

yes achin I know what you mean. I have stopped eating them myself because they have given me digestive problems. Too bad because they really taste good.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I used to really like raweos! I guess they got me through for a while when I first transitioned. I did eat the carob mint kiss (same brand) at Christmas, to keep me away from all the junk at my brother’s house (We stayed there, so I didn’t have all the same access to what I eat at home). They were pretty good, but not worth the money like when I used to die for them in the beginning! I usually like to make my own stuff now, but I use the prepared stuff once in a while for emergencies.

• Sabrina1979Sabrina1979 Raw Newbie

I really love the raw organic bars from smartmonkeyfoods.com…its the company owned by Ani the author of the cookbook Ani’s raw kitchen…they are delicious…just the one with the ginger is, how can i say..kind of spicy in a not soo good way..lol