Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

SURVIVAL- Food Crisis!!! SUPERFOODS and more

2»

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

saraw, you grow your kale inside? How?

I’m right with you… on educating on all the wild food out there that we can eat.

• sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

I just put it in a long planter style box. It isn’t as big as the stuff you get at the grocery store, but it is so CUTE! I just water it, and put it in the window. That is all. This is my first time doing this. I have some swiss chard growing in my kitchen window, but It isn’t doing as well. With the swiss chard, you can keep cutting the leaves off, and it will keep growing. I wonder if kale does that too. I need to do more research on that. I would do a google search on food plants that do well in the house. I thought about doing a tomato plant upside down in my dining room window. My tomato plants are still little starter plants. My cucumbers, and zucchini are pretty much goners though.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I’ve been buying large bags of nuts and seeds, organic green tea (for kombucha), sprouting seeds and various other organic things. I also bought some heirloom seeds to plant. It doesn’t hurt to be prepared. These things will get eaten.

I live in ranch country and the Livestock police have recently confiscated many horses that were not being fed and the ground is as dry as a bone, no rain for months, no grass. Whether this is a false shortage or not, these animals are starving because people can’t afford the hike in prices.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Thanks saraw. I want to get a small tomato plant too. And, I will try the kale… but, maybe it’s too late to plant. I’ll have to check into that. Cucumbers and zucchini indoors? Wow. I live in a condo so I have to grow indoors… but and it’s pretty tight here.

123, seriously? That’s sad!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

For kale – yes, cut some off and let it keep growing.

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

saraw – I really envy your berries!!!!

I have never grow greens indoor, but I would like to try with sunflowers or similar.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Grow a garden, absolutely! Go to www.nytimes.com and search Michael Pollan article from, i believe, April 20th. “The Way We Live Now. Why Bother?”