new to raw...loving it!

bittbitt Raw Newbie

Hi, I am new to raw after 7 years vegan. I have been dealing with chronic pain for 3 years and fatigue. I have always loved raw foods so I decided to give a raw food diet a try (for I don’t know how long). My first 3 days I was 50% raw then 80% on the next two days. Today is #1 day of ALL RAW. Last night I had an amazing meal at the raw food restaurant in our area. It got me excited because it was very filling which was usually my complaint about raw food. What has been the best is the juices I have been having each morning. Carrot juice with something else in it (pinapple, apple, beet, or orange). YUM! And I gives me an amazing amount of energy. I also just got a B-12 shot at my naturopath which I think is helping with my transition. Vegans and all raw foodies should make sure they are getting B-12 somehow.

Well I just wanted to tell you all this site is great and I am getting lots of ideas. Going raw is helping me COOK again because I always complained about not wanting to stand over a hot stove. :-) I did cut my finger on a knife. It’s small.

Aimee

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hia, You are so lucky having a raw restaurant near you, must make it easy to get inspired by trying other people’s food. I went raw after years of being vegan too, it just makes sense doesn’t it? And I feel so different to when I was cooked vegan, its like night and day. Keep us posted on how you get on!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

my first day of being raw is nearing the end and I have felt satisfied all day. the hardest part for me is that I have jaw pain and stiffness so chewing greens and stuff is hard. After having so much fresh carrot juice I will probably get most of my carrot nutrition this way. I have so much to learn but again I find myself on this site for ideas. still feeling great.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

hey bitt! congrats! i think raw- “cookery” is so much more fun than actual cooking… and so much more beautiful, aromatic, and relaxing (no worrying that something is burning while you chop away)

b-12 is a controversial issue. there was recently a post to a link i wish i could find for you. but the article basically stated that this marathon runner (raw) beat everyone he competed with and had a VERY low b-12. apparently, b-12 is used to digest excess protein, which raw vegans don’t need. there are also people who believe that when eating food in it’s natural state you are able to create sufficient b-12. you can get a regular blood test. i haven’t taken any supplements and i’ve tested fine. just food for thought…