Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Suggestion for new forum

I see there is a vast mixture of different people at different stages of trying the raw food diet on this board. Some are simply curious and seeking information, some are brand new to the idea, some have been raw for years and some even decades. Some people are trying to do this very seriously and want to be 100% raw and some are just eating 1 raw meal a week or so. This is great as we can all learn from each other. The only negative is that some people who are just starting out might see a post from someone who has been eating raw for years and years and get really turned off. They are eating one or two raw meals a week and when they read about someone who has been raw for 10 years and hasn’t eaten a certain food because it bothers them (once they have acheived detox and are really clean) they can get frustrated as it might be their favorite food or condiment. I suggest that there be either a new forum category for people new to raw foods where everyone posting there understands that it is a forum for newbies or rawbies and the veterans should try to be sensitive to that OR there could be a voluntary scale that every poster has to input with his or her profile indicating what level of raw food they feel they are at (for example a scale from 1 to 5 where 1 is never ate a raw food before in their life and 5 is eating 100% raw for over 2 or 3 years). Anyone else agree? Other suggestions?

Comments

• Interesting point. I can see some logic in a “New to Raw” forum, and we’d be happy to set that up, but we’d like to hear what other think, first. Part of me is afraid that will separate discussions too much… but that seems unlikely.

Another option is, of course, an “Old School Raw” forum. We could go either way! What does everyone else think?

• daisygirldaisygirl Raw Newbie

What about adding a forum titled 100% raw for those who have achieved that level?

• koolieaidedkoolieaided Raw Newbie

Then there is the idea of what is considered 100% raw? Would it be 6 months plus, one year plus?

I think it’s a good idea because you could but up info about what raw is…and it could help them ease their way into it. I’m pretty new to raw but I did many months of research and before the research I ate a raw lunch (Salad..no dressing)...even though I didn’t know what that was at the time. So it was easier for me to get into it. I’m for the new to raw forum.

• I like posting to people who have been 100% raw for years. Its nice to see where I might be in 6 months or 6 years.

I do like the scale idea though – just to see where everyone is.

• On the other end of the spectrum if you don’t feel you are at that “stage” why post a response or look for suggestions. The thing I see a lot of is there are SO many different views and there is So much information on the internet about foods and different things that who knows what is right and wrong no matter how long you have been raw.

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

I think that the site is called “gone raw”, not raw fooders,or must be completly raw,or only raw fooders talk here. It’s gone raw,in the process and evryone is in the process.I’ve been 100% raw since January and I still think that I don’t know anything,and I really like all the oppinions from everyone.If the site gets rigid,it will not be a gone raw process.

• It feels as though we are all on this magical journey together ( even though we are all at different stages of this journey). I love to see the advise and encouragement of a 100%er to a new-to-raw or a curious-about-raw person. To me that’s what it’s all about.

• gone raw i think sums it up. i agree with ray dont seperate the discussion. lets go into this believeing people can understand and differentiate the post for themselves. first and formost lets not create any “special interests groups” here, that seperate and divide us. IM JAYMZ72 AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE :)

• After chatting it over with Kandace, we decided not to set up a new forum for folks with different levels of “raw” in their diet. We think that a lot of the charm in Gone Raw lies in the fact that everyone is part of one great big discussion, and we’re reluctant to separate topics.

However, thanks for the great suggestions!