Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Corn

I was just talking with my mom recently about ethanol and higher food prices and so on of – & +. I was wondering if anyone on here had any ideas or feelings towards the new use of corn???

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I really have not kept up with this… but, my guess is… since corn cross pollinates so easily with other corn plants miles away, that could probably be a field with GMO corn… not to mention Monsanto’s franken-corn… then, it’s okay with me if they use it for fuel.

But, I love corn!

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Corn and soy are big problems right now because food is less profitable than fuel substitutes. Much of the rainforests are being consumed to plant soybeans for this very reason.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i’ve read that corn is no less pollutant either. corn is a MASSIVE surplus crop and the us government has much to gain from using it as fuel. that doesn’t make it good for the environment. add to that the fact that you’d be burning one of the most highly sprayed and GMO crops there are! yeah, i say NAY to corn!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Hmmm, I never thought to wonder what would happen to the air we breath when we burn GMO corn! eek Does anyone know… or have read somewhere about the effects?

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Don’t get me started! Don’t miss King Corn-a PBS independent film that will have your running so far from corn. These 3 college students go to Iowa to buy an acre of land to grow corn—the government pays them to grow it, The huge truckloads of ammonia come in to dump on the soil, they plant GMO corn that can withstand the dumping of triple strength weedkiller and more plants being close together. The result is an enormous amount of completely inedible corn, which is then stored for years before then making it into the corn feed for cattle that makes them so fat and sick that they must be slaughtered by 6 months of age. They then follow the rest of it to make high fructose corn syrup. Honestly the corn industry in this country will be the death of our soils and ourselves. Long story—they actually lose money, but the government pays them even more money in the end so they make a slight profit. Not one of the Iowa corn farmers interviewed would ever eat their product—they only do it to get the money and support an industry that will kill us all directly or indirectly. I can’t even bring myself to grow a single ear of organic non-GMO corn. Know what your corn ate and where it comes from. Wake up America and see this film. Soap box, I know. Here’s the link: www.pbs.org/independentlens/kingcorn/index.html

• There’s also the fact that corn has the most FUNGUS of any plant. Check out www.knowthecause.com. They explain how grains are full of fungus due to their storage procedures, and they are the cause of all disease, including cancer. Something to contemplate.