National Call in day to protect "downed" farm animals

JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

I get emails from the US Humane Society since I donate money for certain causes and sign petitions, pledges and do other things. I thought I’d post this since I know there are thousands of kind animal lovers on goneraw who truly care for the welfare of farm aminals

Here it is:

In January, our undercover investigation into the cruel treatment of sick and crippled cows at a California slaughter plant gained nationwide attention—but we need to make sure that Congress takes action. On Thursday, May 1, please urge your federal representative to support legislation to protect “downed” animals from abuse. Please tell your friends about this National Call-In Day and watch your email the morning of May 1 for details.

Downed Animals Need Your Help! Our recent undercover investigation of the unthinkably cruel treatment of cows at a California slaughterhouse gained nationwide attention. We need to keep Congress focused on this issue and ensure they take action. Urge your U.S. representative and U.S. senators to cosponsor The Downed Animal and Food Safety Protection Act (H.R. 661/S. 394) to protect downed animals from abuse.

NATIONAL CALL-IN DAY! Thursday, May 1st, 2008 Call the Capitol switchboard at 202-224-3121 and ask for your U.S. representative