Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Living Water

13»

Comments

• kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

Thanks Meditating, I look forward to hearing about your experience!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

meditating—to answer that question on my end, i don’t notice anything for me, but my plants are doing a lot better. go figure. i was used to RO water, and they were used to tap water though.

i decided that tap water + prill beads might not be enough, so i bought a filter that at whole foods that just screws on the tap and claims to de-chlorine the water, make it alkaline, and it soften it through coconut fibers. anyway, too soon to say, but GEEZ this water thing is complicated!

kevin—oh not at all. i think you were totally right to question. it made me realize i wasn’t. =)

• Meditating -

Thanks for posting the information on prill beads. We ordered some prill beads as well. But for some strange reason, I could not bring myself to use them. Something just didn’t feel right. I have been really busy lately, so I have not had the time to look into it any further. So, they have sat. However, with the information you posted I might have discovered why it did not feel right for me. I have a horseshoe kidney and was told years ago that one of them was very weak. While one of my kidneys did much of the work, the other one was not expected to function much longer. Thanks once again, for the post. I will be researching more.

Personally, I really believe the alkaline ionizer is the way to go, if you do not have access to a pure, natural spring water source. It is just trying to figure out how to remove the fluoride, from the ionized water that troubles me.

Pianissima – I whole-heartedly agree…this whole water thing is Complicated!!!

(Although, I am happy we can come here and learn from each other. More minds are better than one.)

• Thinking about today’s World….

maybe there is no One solution. Although, I wish there was.

• I know this is an old thread, but are any of you still using the beads? Seen more improvements?

• Kait – If remember correctly Waterbaby12347 uses them regularly and Meditating mentioned using them in her water coolers in the following thread…

http://goneraw.com/forums/being-raw/topics/drin…

In my own research on the water topic…I have come to the conclusion that uncontaminated Natural Spring Water is best. On youtube they show people in some areas taking their own glass containers and filling them with Spring Water. Some sources of Natural Spring Water can be found near roads. I am still in the process of trying to locate a source in my area.

Daniel Vitalis gives speeches on Spring Water

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk44Y982v4M&feat…

However, I was in a place when I started this thread, that alkaline was best if you could not access pure spring water.

I have read different claims about alkaline, distilled and RO water. Gabriel Cousens at one time said distill water was best when fasting. Now I have read that this is the recommended drink water he suggests. I have read scientific reports that distill is only good for fasting, but is harmful to the body if consumed on a regular basis. I have also read RO is horrible to drink. I have recently read, if you are going to do distilled or RO it is best to do distill.

So, this is where I am…I wish someone would just write an honest report about the “Truth”. The truth about a good drinking water source. I like what I have read about alkaliners…but I would like it to remove flouride. I think it is important, if you go with distilled or reverse osmosis that you need to make sure you re-mineralize the water.

Most things on the internet tend to be information to support certain water filtration systems.

Water is a topic that still racks my brain. What to do???

Best of Luck to You on your Water Journey!:)

• RubyLaineRubyLaine Raw Newbie

OMG!! My head is spinning and I cannot get my brain around this. I knew about RO, distilled, spring and tap but quite frankly thought it was just a personal taste preference (ignorantly). So please tell, what is a person to do? Spend hundreds on a system or what?

• RubyLaine – I wish I had an answer for you.

I think it comes down to researching and doing what you think is best for you.

It is kinda of like the Presidential Election

...we the people are not going to be given a straight answer about our government, food, or water.

However, I do think it comes down to purchasing some kind of filtration system, if you do not have access to a source to fill your own containers. Whether those containers be for roadside spring water or water from a dispenser at a local store. I do stay away from plastic containers and we do not drink the tap.

I hope your head stops spinning soon. But I do understand…like I said earlier, the water topic still racks my brain.