Raw Pie help!

I have been experimenting with Raw Pie.. made one last night for some friends coming tommorow.. Thing is I am unsure about freezing it or chilling it.

I have frozen it, it still looks perfect, Can it come in and out of the freezer? If I dont use all of it is it okay for it to go from freezer to fridge for two hours then back to freezer? Want it to keep firm and not return to gloop.. no waste either..will the taste be impared??

Any help would be most appriciated Cheers!

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I have never made a raw pie, but all the recipes I have read for them say to keep it in the freezer and take it out 30 min.-60 min. before serving to bring it to room temperature.

• nthmostnthmost Raw Newbie

It depends what kind of pie it is! If it’s mostly cream or oil, it should be able to go in and out of the freezer no problem. If the filling is mostly a fruit puree, then yeah, you might have some problems if you keep freezing and defrosting it. Freezing will burst cell walls in the fruit, and when it defrosts all the freed-up liquid will cause the gloop problem. Freezing it again after that may result in kind of an ice slick on the top of the pie. Again it all depends what the pie is made of.

The crust is probably the least of your worries, although if you’ve got a melty filling and you let it sit out a while, the crust might lose structural integrity.

Best practice: Cut exactly what you want to eat out of the pie while it’s still frozen. Put the remainder right back into the freezer.

What I do: not worry about it. :D

• Cheers!! I figured it out..slice it, put the slice on the side for an hour or so.. was yum

Have posted the recipe :)