Could it be, raw store-bought bread?

I was shopping around my local Nature’s Market and I came across this bread in the refrigerated section. This is what the plastic says: Sprouted For Life, Nature’s Path, Organic Manna Bread. “Sprouting converts starchy grains into easily digested maltose and other natural sugars similar to those found in fresh fruits. After germinating the grain, we crush and form it into loaves, which are baked at low temperatures (doesn’t give an exact temperature, which may make some skeptical, but keep reading…). Manna Bread is a cake-like bread containing no added sweeteners, oil, flour, salt, yeast, additives, or preservatives. Every bite is a delicious source of food energy. Manna Bread HAS ALL THE FIBER and GERM of the ORIGINAL WHOLE GRAIN.” These are the ingredients (the kind I bought was the Carrot Raisin Manna Bread): Sprouted Organic Whole Wheat Kernels, Filtered Water, Organic Carrots, and Organic Raisins.

It sure sounds like a raw product to me. It says it’s been baked at a low temperature, and I know it doesn’t state the temperature, but it also says that the bread still contains all of the germ (the rudiment of a living organism) and fiber of the original grain. So, what is the take on this stuff? What do you all think?

Comments

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

as far as i know it is baked above 200 so it is not a raw product, sorry to say!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Nope not raw but the most digestible of all breads. I used to eat it, it was much more digestible than other sprouted breads. The only reason I stopped eating it was because my grocery store stopped carrying it. They have a sourdough manna bread too. I really liked the carrot raisin too. In raw food real world raw food book, it is used in a french toast recipe. I might post the recipe sometime.