Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

top pick for kitchen...

If I can only spring for one, which should it be: Vitamix blender or champion juicer?

Comments

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

I’m going to say a Vitamix, although I don’t have a champion juicer. You can make juice if you want to with a Vitamix by blending and then squeezing through a nutmilk bag, but as far as I know, you couldn’t make a smoothie, or whipped cream or a salad dressing with a juicer. You can also use the Vitamix to grind up dry things like seeds or nuts into a flour.

• Blender. Everything amysue said, plus you get more nutrition for the money with smoothies than with juicing. I have a Blendtec and it totally rocks! I’ve only used my juicer twice in 6 months since I got it.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

VITAMIX!!! i own it, i use it 2-4 x a day for creamy dressings, alfredo sauce, peanut butter, fruit roll ups (blending the fruit to dehydrate), ice cream, green/fruit smoothies, almond milk, etc.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Champion, it makes juicing so easy and quick.

I didn’t use it for the first 2 years but now I use it 4 or 5 times a week. I really wouldn’t want to be without it.

I use regular food processors and blenders instead of a vitamix. They work just fine for me. But then I have never tried a vitamix, I bet I’d be a real convert if I actually got my hands on one.

Why not go to a raw class where you can see them and try them out for yourself before buying?

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Yes, VITAMIX!!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I have both, and I agree that I use the Vita-mix a lot, but I have started using the juicer a lot to make breads – I sprout the wheat and barley, and then process it into dough, and dehydrate – super easy! The other thing about juices made with the Vita-mix, is that it whips so much air into things that it oxidizes quickly and you have to drink the stuff within 4 hours or less, and with the juicer, you can juice some things and drink them within 8 hours. If you have a good strong blender and a food processor, then I would get the juicer. If you don’t have any, then the Vita-Mix would probably be better as a first appliance.