Nut mylk leftovers???

Hi. I’m sure someone has probably asked this question before and the info is probably somewhere on this site but I haven’t figured out how to search through anything except the recipes.I’m new here.

I’ve just made my second batch of scrumptious brazil-nut creamer (inspired by watching a youtube video interview w/ Juliano) and I don’t know what to do w/ the pulp that’s leftover. If anyone is willing to enlighten me I’d be so grateful—and the more suggestions, the better! Thanks.

Karen

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i use it in cracker/flatbread recipes. (if you click on my profile there’s a recipe)

you can also make cookies, pie crusts, quiche crusts… it’s endless… any recipe on this site that calls for almond meal (type “almond meal” or “nut” in the “search” box on the upper right hand corner of the homepage) can use any nut pulp as a sub. if it calls for fresh ground almonds then you might want to add a little olive oil to make up for the fat you took out making the mylk.

• RisnwthHimRisnwthHim Raw Newbie

Thanks pianissima for such a thorough and helpful response! :-)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

cinnamon rolls, search the recipe on this site. so yummy.

• RisnwthHimRisnwthHim Raw Newbie

thanks bitt – I could probably even get my husband to eat those – he has a hard time passing a Cinnabon store w/o going in, and I hate to think how bad those are for him.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

you are most welcome! =)

• FeeFee Raw Master

In Eating without Heating and Raw family there is a nice recipe for a ‘cheese’ spread/dip using left over nut milk pulp. You mix it up with some oil and lemon juice and pepper and onion if I remember rightly. Ive made it a couple of times and added chilli too and used it as a filling in romaine leaves. I also use the left over pulp as part of a crumble topping. Blend up some chopped apple and dates to make a lumpy sauce and put this in a dish. Process the left over pulp with some more dates and a few walnuts so that it is a crumble type texture. Spread this over the apple sauce and either eat immediatly or dehydrate for a couple of hours. Serve with some good nut cream.