newbie with questions

I’ve been lurking for a while, and finally signed up. Wanted to introduce myself to this great board, and also had a couple of questions. I checked out the deadfoodlist on purelyraw.com – so, I’m a huge fan of dried fruit, but the site indicates that most have been blanched, gassed, and high temp dried. Does anyone know if the dried fruit sold online at the Jaffe bros. site, on realrawfood.com, sunfood nutrition, rawguru, naturalzing, or livingtree are exceptions to this rule? Also, I live in NYC and frequent both the Health Nuts stores and the Queens Health Emporium, both of which package their own dried fruit, and also sell in bulk bins – does anyone know if these are also exceptions? I can certainly ask on my next trip, but was curious to see if any fellow NYC-based raw foodies had already done so and might be willing to share what they learned.

One more thing – has anyone found a brand of nori that isn’t dried at high temps? what about the nori sold in the asian supermarkets (direct from Asia and all that)?

Thanks!

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

sunfood is all raw, don’t know for sure about your health food stores, but most is probably not raw, cuz it’s faster/more economical to dry at high temps when not concerned about raw. I love the raw dried fruit from www.therawchoice.com They also sell raw nori, which I haven’t tried, but www.goldminenaturalfood.com is my favorite source for sea vegetables.