Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw and the yearly physical

I went raw in Jan 08, not 100%, but close to it. Anyway, I’m having my routine physical next week and I was wondering what additional blood test I need my Dr. to order. I’m a registered nurse by trade, so I know the basics. I was thinking about requesting B12 and Hemoglobin A1C. Can anyone suggest anything else? Thanks!!!!!

Comments

• SueSue Raw Newbie

Iron??

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

I think b12 would be the only thing you’d have to worry over if you eat a variety. :)

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

AFAIK, what’s considered normal in all these tests is the average of what people test. It’s not what is optimal for health. There are exceptions. For instance, a friend with diabetes tells me that within the past few years the blood sugar level considered normal has been lowered. According to his doctor, this was done in response to pressure from the drug companies, who wanted to have a larger population declared diabetic and therefore candidates for their drugs.

I’m not advocating throwing out all of Western medicine, but as long as you are feeling good, I’d take those test results with a grain of salt (himalayan salt, that is). I do believe in supplementing with sublingual b12, though.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

depending on where you live, vitamin D. and iron can’t hurt to check out.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

This isn’t really related to the raw, but I used www.diagnose_me.com recently and it suggested that I might be estrogen dominant meaning I might need natural progesterone. I had no idea at my age my hormones could be out of balance but there are a lot of estrogen mimics out there. So testing hormone levels might be helpful, including thyroid issues. Don’t know how simple they are to test, you would know better than I would.