Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

PARTY TONIGHT

rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

I’m going to a wild sleepover party tonight with pizza, ice cream and cake for dinner and donuts for breakfast! Ahhh! I guess I should bring my own food? What would you guys take to a party like this?

Comments

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Oh, wow, that’s tough. Pizza ice cream and cake are three of my biggest temptations:( I would think you could bring like some raw cookies, or maybe a raw cake? Make something really yummy so you won’t want to eat their awful “food”. Or maybe you don’t have a problem with temptation with that sort of food? Either way, you could bring raw imitations of that stuff. I would do that unless it would be too inconvenient. Oh and fruit for breakfast. Don’t forget that. Hope this helps :)

• Veggies with the cheese sauce from this site. Cookies are a good idea. Maybe a smoothie.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

bring something you can share with everyone… make some delicious banana “ice cream” with dates and cinnamon, some almond meal cookies… you don’t have much time… better get un-cooking! =) have fun!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

If you want to make raw versions, try my chocolate ice cream/pie filling recipe – true, you don’t have much time, especially for pre-freezing ice cream! I used to try to imitate what people were eating at parties, but now I’m happier if I just take what I’m in the mood to eat. Like maybe I really want salad – I’m going to be happier with my salad than if I’m trying to eat pizza just cuz everyone else is – my pizza isn’t the same as theirs anyway, so I finally started to just eat whatever I want rather than trying to fit in when I’m not going to fit in. Either way, have fun – a wild sleepover party sounds great!

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

Thanks, guys! A lot of those recipes I can’t make because I don’t have all the ingredients yet, or a dehydrator. (SIGH)
    I’ve already decided to take a bunch of apples for breakfast, and I made myself a raisin coconut walnut orange pudding, and I’m gonna make some nori rolls with romaine, Rich Cheddar Sauce, and cucumber!

Cool! You have a good plan, and your food sounds good! :) Is the pudding recipe on this site somewhere?

Thanks! Nope, the pudding is just something I threw together. I should start putting my recipes on this website sometime!

Yes, please!

• Try to eat as much as you can before you go. Bring a smoothie with you in a large stainless steel container. You’ll be sipping that through the night to keep you filled. If you have time, make your own versions of these things to bring with. Bring a banana and fresh fruit (to share as your excuse) for breakfast. Good luck!!!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

you can also make cookies in your food processor (or with your hands) by mixing nuts (almonds, walnuts, whatever) with dates.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Poemom’s pizza recipe is so good. I brought it to a party once and it was like a super big hit. Bring lots of lucuma because that stuff is really good (if you have it)The Spice Cream recipe on this site that looks really good. I want to try it soon, and you probably don’t need all the spices to make it taste good. I would use young coconut meat instead of cashews, but then I don’t like cashews so that’s your choice. I hope this helps a little bit. I also have a raw vanilla ice cream recipe that’s a bit complicated to post on the forum, but I will post it soon (an hour maybe?) with a picture. Maybe you’ll have all the ingredients on hand.

I SURVIVED! lol. I didn’t eat any junk food, and a few of the girls tried my pudding stuff (it actually ended up tasting like oatmeal, sortof) and they liked it! :D I’ve never actually gotten lucuma before, but I’m REALLY wanting to try it. SO BAD.

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Good job!!:)

Awesome! I’m glad for you :)

• i make the famous raw freezer fudge that is on this site, except i use 1 cup raw chocolate and 1 cup raw cocoa nibs and it does very well at social gatherings! Just bring some fruit for breakfast. Not sure what you should do for dinner. Perhaps a big salad or some raw spagetti?